Dansby Swanson

REQUESTED BY LEAH 

Today was the day. I was finally making all my dreams come true and I was starting an MLB game. At second base. For the Atlanta Braves. I was beyond nervous to go and meet the guys today, I have gotten a lot of hate for being the first women, but I really hope the guys take to me nicely. 

I walk up to the stadium in awe and I sighed and went in and went to the locker room. "Guys, this is our new second baseman, Leah Anderson. Yes I know she is a girl, but she's damn good at what she does, please be nice to her since no one else is basically. I hope you make her transition good." Brian Snitker said and I smiled at him and went over to my locker, not really looking at the guys because I knew they were looking at me. 

I sighed and put my stuff down and did my pregame routine and got into my own zone. "Hey, I know you're probably nervous and stuff, but I want to be the first one to welcome to the team, I'm Freddie." He said coming over to me. 

"Thanks Freddie, it's really nice to meet you, I've been a fan of your work for awhile now. It's gonna be great playing with you." I said and he smiled and we made small talk and he actually made me feel good about being here. 

We went through BP and warmups and then it was my time to shine. I made two plays in the top of the first and it felt great to play. "Man you are pretty good." Someone said coming up next to be in the dugout. I was batting eighth so I had some time. I turned to my left and saw Dansby. Now, yes I am a girl, yes I do think he's very attractive, who wouldn't?

"Thank you, you're not so bad yourself." I said and he smiled, my god that smile. Okay Leah, focus, no guys, especially your teammate. "You're also really pretty." He said and I couldn't help but blush. "You're not so bad on the eyes either Dansby." I said and he laughed. 

"I mean I want to take you out after the game to celebrate for your first game, how does that sound?" He asked. "I mean I'm not opposed to it, but what do you think everyone else is going to say?" I asked. 

"Who cares what they think, be ready." He said and he winked as we both trotted off to our positions and I couldn't help buy smile. Dansby thought I was pretty and good at baseball. It was a great feeling.