Eric Hosmer

REQUESTED BY MARIA

"When do you think he's going to propose?" My friend asked me as we were sitting in the stands of the Padres game where my boyfriend of three years, Eric Hosmer, was finishing out his first season with the team. 

"Honestly, I have no idea, I really hope its soon though. We aren't getting any younger." I said and she laughed. The game went by quick, Eric was amazing this season, as always and I couldn't be more proud of him. 

After the game was over and most of the fans had cleared out of the stadium, Eric emerged out of the dugout and waved me down to the field. "Your first season with the Padres is over, how do you feel?" I asked him as I gave him a hug. 

"It feels great, I just wish the team would've done better. But you're always there supporting me every step of the way and I couldn't be more thankful for you." He said and then he kissed me. "I love you so much Maria, I want you to be mine for the rest of my life, so will you marry me?" He asked getting down on one knee and opening the box and the ring was beautiful. 

"I thought you'd never ask, I would love to marry you." I said and he smiled and put the ring on my finger. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, I love you Eric." I said and he smiled. "I love you too Maria." 

A YEAR LATER. 

"Here we are, at our wedding. It feels like just yesterday we were on the field when I proposed to you. You are my life, my soul, my travel agent, my master packer, my love, and my life. You are who I aspire to be like. You don't let anything get to you, you just sit there and enjoy the life that we have created together and make the best of every situation that has been thrown our way. You are my light at the end of the tunnel and I plan on making you the happiest woman on the planet for the rest of our life. I can't wait to finally start our forever and have a family. I love you Maria, to infinity and beyond." 

I couldn't help but cry, he definitely outdid my vows. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride." The priest said and we kissed and it was different than any other kiss we shared, we were finally husband and wife, it was our first kiss all over again. 

"I love you Mr. Hosmer." I said as we were walking down the aisle. "I love you too Mrs. Hosmer."