Eric Hosmer

Requested

You see, going to Royals games was always my thing. Key word, WAS. Ever since Eric and I broke up, I just haven't gotten to a game because it always reminded me of him. But my cousin, Alex Gordon, had made me come out to a game just so I could stop moping around the house over our break up. 

FLASHBACK

"What do you mean you're not in love with me anymore?" I yelled at Eric as he was pacing back in forth in our living room. "Just that Camille! I don't love you anymore, I've actually found someone else." He said as he rubbed his face and the tears that I was trying to hold back came out and down my face. 

"So these past three years have meant nothing to you?! How the fuck are you going to throw that all way for some whore you just met?" I yelled back at him. "She's not some whore like you are!" Now that one hurt me bad. 

"Oh so what you're basically saying to me is that you just used me for sex these past three years and that you didn't really love me?" I said not raising my voice this time because of the tears. "Yes Camille, that's exactly what I'm saying." He said looking straight at me and I could see it in his eyes that he truly didn't care about me anymore and it broke my heart. 

"Then get the fuck out of my house, I don't ever want to see you again. I hope you have a nice life Eric Hosmer." I said pointing to the door and he just grabbed his stuff and left. That's the last time I would ever talk to him.

PRESENT DAY

I sighed as I looked out onto the field to see my cousin out in left and the guy who broke my heart seven months ago at first base. I couldn't believe that I had agreed to come today. Just seeing him made me think back to that night we broke up. 

I know he truly didn't mean what he said to me and I knew he still loved me. How? Because Alex tells me everything he says about me in the clubhouse. I couldn't forgive him for what he said to me, could I?

The game went by in a breeze and the guys ended up clinching the AL Central so of course, Alex had invited me out to go celebrate with him. As much as I wanted to say no because of Eric, I had to say yes to make my cousin happy. 

Alex had picked me up later that night so I didn't have to drive home after probably getting trashed. "This isn't a thing to set Eric and I back up again is it?" I asked as we were walking from the parking lot to the club. 

"No it's not. But if you want it to be I mean...' He said as he trailed off and I didn't say anything because I was really thinking, did I really want to get back together with him? I sighed as we entered the loud club and met up with the rest of the team. 

I was talking to Moose and Slavy when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was Eric and he didn't look good. "Can we talk?" He asked and I nodded and excused myself from the two guys and followed Eric to the roof where it was quiet.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked breaking the silence and he sighed. "I just wanted to apologize for everything I said to you that night." He said and I rolled my eyes. "You couldn't have told me that seven months ago?" I retorted. 

"You have every right to be pissed at me and I get that. Just hear me out okay?" He said and I nodded letting him go on. "I love you Camille, I never stopped. I don't know what I was thinking getting with that girl because she dumped me and she was never you. She didn't know how to make me happy like you did. I need you back Camille, so badly that I can't even explain it." He said and I had tears in my eyes because I did still love him. 

"Eric, I really don't know what to tell you." I said and he turned to me and looked me dead in the eyes and kissed me. I felt the same thing that I felt seven months ago, sparks and butterflies and as much as I didn't want to like it, I did. 

"Tell me that you didn't feel what I did and then I'll go and be out of your life." He said. "God I wish I could say that I didn't, but I did. I've missed it so much." I said looking up at him. "So will you take me back?" 

"Promise not to leave again?" I asked and he smiled and leaned down and kissed me. "I promise."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed it!