war

I stepped into my Father's Pack House instantly feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I fished it out, seeing that it showed Grayson's name on The screen.

"Hello?" i answered, instantly hearing someone yell in the background.

'Amanda, I need you' i heard him say, seeming panicked. I rolled my eyes at that, putting my weight to my hip as i put a hand on It.

"You horny piece of--" i went to curse him out, but he cut me off by yelling.

"Come home! War is coming! I want you here with me!"

My eyes widened at what i heard, my body already ready for my wolf.

I hung up, running out the door and shifting to my wolf before running to my pack's boundaries.

Everything seemed quiet around me as i ran, pants of my wolf were the only audible thing in the big forest. The moist autumn air made it easier for her to run.

As i crossed the boundary, i saw wolves running left and right. Looking for threat, guarding.

I sniffed the air, feeling his scent at the South Boundary. Which meant, the threat was coming from that way.

I ran again, but slightly slower this time. My body was ran out. As i finally reached the place, i saw him sitting in between long bulky trees.

His shiny black coat of fur was easily spotted in between pine trees and still green bushes. I walked up to him, sitting right down.

He looked at me, cuddling his muzzle over mine. The small show of affection made my wolf go slightly crazy.

'We should be safe. Everything is in order. They stand no chance' he mind linked me, his chest puffed out as wind played with his long fur.

It seemed unrealistic.

'Be careful' i warned, putting my smaller paw over his. This looked... so right, perfect.

'Go to the Pack House. The pups are there. They are alone' he said and i nodded, getting up.

I was again feeling light and agile on my legs.

'And please, be careful. I don't want anything happening to you' he said, his eyes holding a spark of worry.

'I love you.' I said, before running away. I did not need to hear him say it back. I already knew it so well.

× × ×

I ran up to the house, seeing pups openly playing on the balcony.

With adrenaline shaking in my veins, i ran as fast as i could towards the big house. Something bad could happen with Pack House being the almost first target of enemies.

I knew It out of experience.

Children recognized me thankfully and walked downstairs, closing the balcony. I hurriedly ran up the stairs, straight to the bedroom.

After shifting back to human form, i pulled on Of Grayson's shirts on Before springing downstairs.

They all sat on The floor, some of them laying on The couch.

"Close all the windows." I ordered, panicky grimace on My face must've been scaring them.

I let my face fall as i locked all the doors, turning back to the main room.

"You will be safe with me." I said softly, seeing covered fear in their eyes. Of course they were scared, i was also.

But i felt the biggest need to protect them as a female and as Luna of this pack.

'I sent Omega. He is going to be there soon' i got another mind link from Grayson, his inner voice sounding livid.

Soon, i heard aggressive and repeated knocking on Big front doors.  
Few of the pups screamed, making me jump up in shock even more.

"Its Omega." I heard a deep voice and i breathed out, opening the door.
He walked inside, his steps big and confident.

I never liked him...

He walked in the living room, the pups having the same looks on Their faces as me.

"Did you find out anything?"i asked him, tugging on hid sleeve slightly.

He shook hid head, ignoring me completely after that. he took a seat On The couch, almost laying down.

His relaxation frustrated me.

"Don't fall asleep." I warned, earning a subtile grin from him.

I got closer to the children, their gazes now being focused on me.

"Come with me." I took little girl' hand, the rest of them following us. I walked to the attic, the dark quiet room scaring me slightly.

"Luna." The girl whined, holding onto me still. I breathed out, lifting her head up so she could look at me.

"You will be alright. I promise you." I said and she finally let go, nodding.

With a light huff, i made my way back down the stairs to the first floor, where Omega was pacing around the room.

"What happened?" i asked, lightly shoving him, since he completely ignored me.

"Someone is close." he said, stepping back. My eyes widened with realisation and i looked outside of the window, seeing noting but a dark night With a full moon spilling it's silver light over the trees.

Everything seemed so normal and so quiet. Too quiet.

"Rogues." I said, sniffing. My wolf snapped her jaws, wanting to lash out.

I held her back weakly, wanting to see what will happen.

Other's safety was my first priority.

And suddenly, two grey wolves sneaked out of forest, their fur seeming to shine also.

It looked like they were mind linking, maybe considering killing someone. Well, they were rogues, of course they would kill someone.

They were pretty big, i could see that they had a high rank in their previous packs. But definitely not Alphas, I could see it just by the way they walked.

They got close to the house. Too close.

I was about to shift, but Omega held me back.

"Let's see what they'll do."

And the same second he said that, the wolves' head turned to us. Eyes hungry, tongues whipped out.

Oh god...