Chapter 4: V I C T O R I A

"Deep breaths,"

Having someone like Kenny Omega breathing down my throat was the biggest mistake I've done. I glared at him as we waited for Cody's lawyer to arrive. I had earned a rather questioning look from several NXT Superstars as well as new signees as they watched us waiting by the hood of my Impala. Kenny sitting comfortably besides me for some reason. Gossips were sure to come before long.

"Kenny, I'm fine." I brushed off, fixing the white collared black dress, I wore. For some reason, I chose to dress myself up one last time before all hell broke loose. It was fine with me. It made me reassured that there was no more worry for me in the following days.

"It's not usually a way to celebrate your birthday, Princess."

I tensed at his nickname. I peered at him noticing it was just a one-off nickname he could think off. I shrugged instead of responding with his new nickname for me. For whatever reason, I can't let him know about it. I don't want to let him know I was affected with the nickname he had given me.

"I don't usually celebrate my birthday." I said instead.

"Fear of getting old?"

"More like fear of being alone."

My mind recalling the most tragic part of my life. I lost my Mum nearly a month before my tenth birthday. It was the worst possible way for me to celebrate so I chose not to. Marty being the annoying but thoughtful-self that he was, I couldn't voice out that part of me to him without telling him too much.

"You have many friends. Both in the Indies and in the WWE." He points out.

"It's not the same." I shrugged turning myself back towards the entire parking lot hoping to catch even a sight of the burly suit-wearing lawyer of Cody. "I have many people around me, but they don't know the real me."

Why was I telling him something so intimate? Why did I trust him with such a part of me that not even my own family knew about?

"No one does." He patted me on the shoulders. "Even back when you were in the Indies, you didn't trust anyone other than Marty. You were friendly with everyone, but you just had something different when it comes to Marty."

I shrugged. I've been questioned numerous times in my time in the Indies as well as in WWE whether or not Marty was more than a friend and my answer always stayed the same.

"He is a friend. My best friend." I said honestly. "He is like a slice of home in his own little way." I added always being reminded of my brother, Harry in him at times. Cheeky bastard just like my own brother, always getting into trouble.

"Marty told me you were a daughter of an Ambassador." He points out.

"Somewhat." I nodded not wanting to talk about it much more. I can't lie when it comes to him somehow.

"You don't like talking about yourself much, do you?" he inquired. "Don't get me wrong, you got a career in flying colors, but when it comes to your earlier life and your personal life, you don't have much out."

"Is that a Wikipedia thing?" I questioned with my brows lifted up in question.

"Sort of." He grinned turning his gaze back towards the ever busy Performance Center, both of us even catching sight of Bray Wyatt and Jojo for some reason. "So the rumors about them being a couple is true then?" he asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "And I don't really get myself involved with rumors around the locker room."

For the next thirty minutes, we were as the Americans would say, shooting the breeze. We'd randomly talk about any of the superstars that walked by, surprising that no one dared talk to me or to Kenny the entire time. We talked about my best times in NXT and the worst when I stepped into the Main Roster.