✔ c h a p t e r 9;

A T  C R O S S  P U R P O S E S )

misunderstanding or having different aims from one another

"Who do you think you are to lie to me after everything I have done for you?!"- MARTIN SCURLL

- MARTIN SCURLL

November 5, 2017 || Osaka, Japan || Power Struggle

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU."

She had enveloped her best friend in a bear hug, even her legs wrapped around him, the sweat and grime of the night momentarily forgotten as they savored Marty's win against Will Ospreay, one of his eventual many title defense for his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship title.

The best friends had ignored the cameras lingering around, taking a good few pictures on them, this wasn't an odd thing for either of them to do. Everyone knew about their shared history together, through the toughest times in a very humble beginning back in England, to the flying all around the world, even in their separation they would constantly support each other in their own special way.

She never had a closer bond to anyone as she did Marty, she almost did back in her time in WWE, but in her apparent separation masks were taken off and this was the man that stood by her side all throughout the entire predicament—no one else.

"I can't wait for the two of us to collect belts all over again." Marty smirked finally allowing her to stand back onto her stilettoed feet. "Two more months, right?" he smirked as they made their way to the press conference area.

She nodded almost ruefully, as much training as she had done for the last few months, doubt was the preconceived hindrance upon her upcoming return to the squared circle. January 1st seemed like a really long time for her, but it was a date she was fearing for days now. The questions in her mind continued to pile as she watched from the sideline Marty talking to the reporters about his stellar match.

She had been in talk with Ring of Honor and even in Stardom about all the possibilities, they were willing to provide her the moment she does get back in the ring, a hefty amount as pay, and all the opportunities that WWE was not capable of giving her. But with everything that had ever happened to her—she wasn't as ready to take a chance in another company as she thought she was.

"Tori?"

Her head turned to see it was Trent, a smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah?" she asked weirded out by him calling for her—they weren't that close. She usually just hangs out with Kenny, Marty, and the rest of his crew, never once did she actually hang around anyone else.

"Gedo is actually looking for you."

Her brows shot up in surprise. That was surprising, in her time backstage at NJPW, Gedo and herself never usually talk, it was more of a casual passing between them whenever she was with either Marty or Kenny. A part of her immediately was thinking that maybe the man didn't want her to be here as much as she thought he would.