Chapter 24: T Y S O N

"She's in Ireland?"

My head was aching just at the news from the Bucks. It's been three days since Wrestle Kingdom. Three days since I retained my title and a WWE contract was being offered to me. Three days since she had competed in one of the greatest matched in Wrestle Kingdom history—as Dave Meltzer has flourished. And it's been nearly a week since I've last talked to her. The memory of her just walking away still left an ache in my heart.

"And you're just gonna stand there and let everything happen?"

I haven't really told either Matt or Nick about her being a real princess, it wasn't my secret to share. But I have actually told them about how we sort-of broke up. Just the knit and grit of things. And neither of them had been off my case about it, still everyone keeps blaming me for her breaking up and me being the primary reason she was with Suzuki-gun instead of Bullet Club.

I don't blame them for thinking they did. I blame myself too. I was just so overwhelmed with the information. Not once had I ever thought she'd be an actual Princess of Britain. During those moment, I had actually been pondering about asking her to marry me then and there, but that surprise just ruined everything.

"I can't just blindly go to Ireland without the damn clue where she is."

"She's with Fergal so we can narrow it down to his hometown or something."

I narrowed my eyes at them both. They were both being ridiculous. Besides, I didn't really have the courage to see her just yet. I don't know what to say or do to make things right again. I don't think I deserve such a chance after what I said and did to her.

"We're going to see here back in the tour. I'll wait until then."

"No wonder she left,"

I clenched my jaw and fist. I didn't want to say too much. I didn't want to snap at the Bucks. I didn't really want to comment about anything in concern to her.

"Are you seriously thinking about signing with WWE?"

The distaste in the Bucks' tone as well as the sheer displeasure in Cody's eyes were evident. Being inside the locker room, the tension was easily palpable. Everyone feared my recent action would make me want to move to WWE, I don't. The contract is in my possession just because I want to frame it. I want to frame the sight of a brand that once never appreciated me continue to beg on their knees for me to be in their company.

"They did give me a lucrative deal."

And then I felt it. One superkick after another. I laid sprawled on the floor as Colt Cabana and Christopher Daniels held the Young Bucks away from me. My eyes closed for a moment as I tried figuring out what I was doing with my life. I was sick and tired of feeling like I've made a mistake. I wanted to act but I was just too scared that it would push her further away.

"You get your ass to Ireland right the fuck now! I don't care if we have to lie to the ROH promoters about your whereabouts. We damn need you to fix your shit with Tory."

"Uh, guys..."

My eyes turned towards Hangman, his eyes wide as if he has seen a ghost. I followed his gaze to see familiar legs. I lifted my gaze even more to see the displeasured look on the face of Victoria Spencer. Her eyes looking everywhere but me.

"Where is Delirious?" her voice measured as her brown eyes scanned the entire locker room in hopes of finding who she was looking for.

"He's probably in the Monitors."

"Well if you see him, tell him I'm replacing Lance for tonight's show. His wife is in labor so they called me."

There was silence and for a moment, the breath was taken out of my chest. I was supposed to compete against Lance, another member of Suzuki-gun. But of all the people in this world, why does it have to be her? In this delicate time in our relationship, why does it to be her?