✔ c h a p t e r 1;

( S A F E T Y    N E T )

a safeguard against possible hardship or adversary

"Kenny is into a lot of things. Zombies might be one of them."
-M A R T I N  S C U R L L

SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 || Tokyo, Japan

"MARTY FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M NOT JOINING THE CHANNEL." She had lacked sleep and had only now regained the ability to do so after the thirteen hour flight from Florida to Japan. But Marty Scurll was a problem, especially at times like this.

Constantly pleading for her to join a Vlog was making her head hurt. Her new apartment now meant Marty had a place to crash every single time he flew back to Tokyo for shows. She didn't mind it as much, owing so much to the man during their training years back. The Scrull family opening their home to her, even without the knowledge of who she was behind the Victoria Spencer facade. But this constant annoyance did annoy her.

She attempted to throw a pillow at the man, but he was quick. Now straddling her chest and trapping her arms with one hand, mischief clearly written on the man's face. With his free hand, he began to attack onto her side.

Laughter immediately escaped her lips as she tried to free herself from the Villain's clasp. This was one of her few weaknesses. She hated to be tickled and for good reason. The cool demeanor she was so used to showing now gone and curses upon curses of pleading left her lips as she tried escaping her Best Friend's grasp.

"Alright, Marty! Alright, I'm going to the Korakuen Hall with you for the bloody channel!" she squealed gasping for breath in between laughter.

Sensing he finally had his way, Marty lets go of his Best friend, hopping off of her and evading the pillow thrown at him.

"Alright, I'll fetch you around three. Gotta work out for a bit."

And with that, the man left. Leaving Victoria thinking and wondering why she had been friends with Marty Scurll for such a long time. And then she remembered every single thing the man had done for her. The bruises the man had tended for her, the tears he had wiped away every single time someone told her she wouldn't amount to anything. He was the man, younger than she was by two years, but acted like an older brother willing to protect her from everything—more so than any of her biological brothers could do.

Laying herself back on bed, she took hold of her phone. Constant news had been notifying her of her action back in WWE. Cursing out the entire Female's Locker Room wasn't her best move. Now not only was she painted a bitch by the girls, she was now blacklisted by WWE for walking away in the same manner CM Punk had done in the past. She was now only awaiting for her termination papers--or the announcement of her release.