"Papa, who's that man outside?", Taehyung asked, standing on his tiptoes to look through the high windows installed in his father's atelier

His father looked up from the painting he was working on and glanced outside.

"Oh, he's the new gardener I told you about", he replied, glancing back at his son whose eyes were now closed and lips tugged in a smile, bathing in the morning light. The sun shone on the boy's face, lighting up his weak & pale complexion. Taehyung's eyes fluttered open once he heard his father's words.

"What happened to Mister Young?", he asked, peering outside once again to see the brown haired male potting some flowers.

"He retired to stay home and care for his sick wife", father replied, taking the brush in his hand once again to start painting.

"Have you told the new gardener about my secret garden?", Taehyung asked, eyes narrowing as he followed the man with his eyes, looking for something suspicious to happen. He had been homeschooled since he was a little kid, so in his free time he often spied of the maids and workers, acting like some sort of secret agent. Though he had turned 18 a few months ago, he still couldn't help but let his old habit act up.

"Oh, I think I haven't yet".

This made Taehyung jerk his head in his father's direction and a small whine slipped past his lips.

"What if he destroys my pretty flowers?", Taehyung pouted, "Or my swing".

"Well go on and tell him yourself. The fresh air will do you good", his father replied, shifting his brush a little to the side to create a thin line.

He heard the boy's footsteps pad down the stairs and once again his workroom was silent, except for the sound of the soft brush hitting the paper.

Taehyung skipped outside, but not after putting on a large soft jacket that would protect him from the cold. He ran outside and started looking for the man he saw earlier. With furrowed eyebrows he spotted him behind the hedge, carrying two flowers pots. Taehyung's mouth fell open at the sight, taking note of how strong the other must be to carry such a weight twice. He skipped over to the older and halted beside him, the other first not realizing someone was walking next to him.

"Hello there mister", the eighteen year old boy smiled.

The gardener stopped in his tracks and turned to the smaller boy. Though he didn't really smile, his face wasn't unfriendly either.

"Hello", the gardener spoke, placing down the plant pots on the grounds. He stared at the outreached hand of the other and took it in his, shaking it.

"I am Kim Taehyung", the boy smiled.

"Jeon Jungkook", the brunette said before lifting the plant pots into his arms again, he resumed his way, not realizing Taehyung was following him.

"How old are you mister?", he asked, looking around the garden with interest. Jungkook sure had been busy with planting flowers everywhere. Spring had only just started and the snow had melted away last week.

"22", Jungkook spoke, placing the plant pots each on a side of the front door so it'll look more welcoming.

"I'm eighteen", Taehyung replied. Jungkook turned around and glanced at the boy's small and fragile body.

"Really? You look ten", the brunette spoke before walking back to the other potted flowers. He didn't see Taehyung's pout or his furrowed eyebrows or realized his words could've hurt other.

"I may be short for my age but I'm very intelligent!", Taehyung yelled after the gardener whose heart hurt a little at those words.

Must be nice.