二十六

Taehyung held his head between his hands, steadying his knees just underneath his chin and tucking them underneath

Taehyung held his head between his hands, steadying his knees just underneath his chin and tucking them underneath. He had a very bad head ache, probably from changing between his little and big self too much, and was seriously trying to ignore the presence standing outside of his bedroom door.

His father was wanting to talk to him, but he wasn't having any of it. He knew big Tae, how he'd like to call his adult like mind, would just curse at his father and start a fight. And he knew little Tae would just cry until his father would leave. Taehyung was usually drifting in the middle of those two minds. He never behaved like a normal eighteen year old boy would do, but he also never behaved like a toddler. He studied hard, talked normally, didn't have tantrums but he liked childlike stuff a little bit more than normal teenagers would.

So yeah, he wasn't a full on little, and he didn't like being a full on grown up either. That's why he was in the midst of it.

Which gave him these headaches.

"Taehyung, open this door", his father tried again, "We really need to talk".

"No we don't", Taehyung groaned out, shivering as he felt his head pound once again. He really didn't want to talk. Why couldn't his father understand this? He had already shooed Jungkook away not too long ago, and so why couldn't his father follow the gardener's example?

He coughed a few times and grimaced at the taste of tobacco that still lingered in his mouth. He didn't know why he hadn't gotten rid of the packet of cigs yet. It had forever been hidden underneath his bed and was only ever used whenever big Tae found it necessary. Like little Tae needed his pacifier, big Tae needed his cigarettes. Taehyung certainly liked the pacifier a lot more, even though it was really embarrassing once someone found out.

While deep in thought, the boy got startled all of a sudden when the sound of a door unlocking echoed through his room. With wide eyes he watched as his bedroom door opened and his father stepped inside with an annoyed look on his face.

"That's disrespectful towards my teen privacy", Taehyung muttered, crossing his arms after furiously making sure no traces of crying were left on his face. His father only closed the bedroom door in reply and flickered on the lights of the dark bedroom.

"So what I wanted to talk about", his father started, ignoring his son's reply as he settled on the bed, "I got a call last night about a museum wanting to showcase my art along with some other Korean artists".

The younger shrugged, "So-"

"It's in Paris", Taehyung's father added, watching his son's eyes widen in surprise, "And I want you to come along".

This knocked the breath out of Taehyung's lungs until he sat frozen on the floor for a good minute.

"You understand this is an once in a life time opportunity for me", his father started carefully, "And I want you to be there to share it with me. It would be a good father son bonding adventure if you want.... We could even make a city trip out of it if you'd like".

His father sounded really convincing, though his son wasn't the same. Taehyung fiddled with his fingers, anxiety taking over him as he was weighing his options. He didn't exactly want to leave the comfort of his house, his stuffies, the maids, and most of all a certain person.

"What about my schoolwork?", he instead asked.

"Just see it as a week of vacation".

"And what about the maids?"

His father coughed awkwardly, "I already let them know they will be getting a week of vacation".

"So you planned on me saying yes?", the younger asked skeptically.

"Yes".

Taehyung smiled, "Then I'm saying no".

His father spluttered and stared at his son with a dumbfounded expression.

"What? Why?", he asked perplexed, "I can't tell the maids I'm taking my words back. And your tutor has actually already been notified as well..."

"I can stay home alone", Taehyung shrugged, "I'm eighteen you know..."

"But-"

"Jungkook can stay with me", the younger spoke up with a smile, "I see no problem with that".

"I let him off work too", Taehyung's father explained, feeling confused about his son's weird behavior.

Taehyung chuckled, "He doesn't need to work. He can just keep me company and I bet he doesn't need to be paid either. Just see him as a free nanny!"

To say his father was skeptical about this, would be a huge understatement. But as he saw the big smile on his son's face and the twinkling in his almond eyes, he knew he had already lost this fight.

"We'll see", he commented, standing up and walking towards the door. But his slumped shoulders already told Taehyung that he would depart to Paris without his son, leaving him alone with the handsome gardener.

🌺🌼🌸

excited about this!?!!!?