He's not dead, he's dead.

Millie's pov

"Millie? Millie?" I heard someone saying my voice, and shaking my arm. I looked up, and looked around. I was in Finns room. Haley was in there too, but the other girls weren't.

"Are you ms Millie Brown?" The cop said, and I nodded.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but your parents have been in a car crash. Your father...died right when the truck hit, but your mom is in the hospital. She is recovering, and you will be able to see her soon." He said, and my eyes widened. I nodded.

"Best wishes." The cop said, and walked away.

I closed the door, and then I dropped to the ground, back against the door.

"Guys I think you should go...you can come back another time though." I heard Haley say, and I looked up to the girls grabbing their stuff. I felt Finns hands go into mine, and I looked at them. He was lifting me up. I stood up, and then I saw him let go of one of my hands. I looked at the other one, and heard Finn yelling at Haley.

"Finn..." I said, and he looked back at me, and I looked around, and I saw black.

"What?" I asked. Then I sat up and looked at Haley. Her eyes started to water, and she ran out of the room.

"Finn..." I said, losing my words, as I felt tears come out of my eyes. I started to cry. I was crying so hard I couldn't breathe.

"He's not dead, he's not dead." I kept repeating to myself as Finn pulled me into a hug. I accepted it, and I cried even harder. My dad. Dead. He can't be. He can't be. I felt Finns hand go on the back of my neck, and run his fingers through my hair, and it calmed me down a bit. I stopped crying as hard as I was. I put my head on his chest, and then he laid down on his back, still hugging me. I was laying next to him, but half of my body was on him because I was hugging him.

"Finn..I'm sorry." I said, stopping myself from crying.

"You shouldn't be sorry Millie, you just lost your dad. There's nothing to be sorry for." He said, and I broke out of the hug, and sat up a little, and looked down at his face.

"Thank you." I said, and he pulled me into a hug again, still running his hands through my dark brown hair.

"Mhm." He said, then I closed my eyes, listening to his heartbeat.

-

Finns pov

I woke up to someone moving on me. I furrowed my eyebrows, and I look down to see a sleeping Millie, taking deep breaths in. I can't believe her dad just....died. She wouldn't stop crying, but she calmed down when I ran my hand through her hair, which I kinda liked. Her hair is soft. I realize we are in the same position as we were hugging last night, but one of her legs is shifted and laid down over mine. I was going to kiss her on Monday, if Haley didn't fucking walk in. Now I feel like it's awkward between us, but I guess not. There was just this electricity in the moment before I kissed her, like all of our emotions were out in the open. I close my eyes to try and just go back to sleep, but someone opened my door. It was Haley.

"Finn!" She whispered to me, and I looked over to her.

"What!" I whispered back, trying not to wake up Millie.

"Your friends are here." She whispered back. I sighed, then tried to get out of Millie's grasp, but then she held on tighter to me.

"Can you just tell them now isn't a good time?" I whispered to her, and she nodded. She walked out of my room and shut the door. I started to stroke Millie's hair again, because it calms her down, but she's already asleep, so I'm just doing it because it's soft. I look over at the time, and it's about 11:00 am. I couldn't see Millie's face, since it was buried in my chest.