You're Worth It, Darling (Dean×Reader)

!!! TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of depression and eating disorders !!! Proceed with caution

Based off the song 'Lovely' by Twenty One Pilots

You reluctantly took the bag of food from Sam and set it down to continue your research. You didn't want to eat it, but you had to. The boys didn't know about your anorexia, having not spent a lot of time with you since you became their research buddy. They had been going on hunts and stuff, leaving you alone at the bunker. Sure, Castiel would stop by and you would get calls, but no one was there to monitor your every movement. You didn't find it important enough to tell them because you thought you were recovering. Thought. You also thought you were over your depressive mood. You were wrong about that, too. When you didn't touch your food after a couple minutes, Dean tapped the table, pulling you away from your computer. You saved the document you were writing on about a potential case and looked at him.

"(Y/N), are you gonna eat?" You nodded, slowly reaching for the bag. You ate a french fry, dealing with the coldness and sogginess, not wanting to draw even more unnecessary attention to yourself. You slowly ate the rest of your fries and slid the burger over to Dean nodding to him., indicating you wanted him to have it. "You're full already?"

"Yeah. I had something to eat before you guys came back. I didn't know you were stopping." He looked at you suspiciously as you stood up and walked to your room. As soon as you got into your room, tears were streaming down your face. You tried desperately to keep our sobs quiet, not wanting to draw attention to yourself and make yourself look way more suspicious than you already have. Good fucking job, (Y/N). Now they fucking know about your problems. Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. You heard a small knock on your door and then it creak open. You quickly tried to wipe your tears from your face when you felt strong arms around you.

"Hey, why are you crying? Did I say something back there that I shouldn't have?" You leaned back onto Dean's shoulder and shook your head.

"No, y-you didn't. It's just me," you whispered as you still continued to sob. He sighed.

"Are you still in that depressive mood? 'Cause I know you weren't feeling very happy or feeling much of anything when we left for that hunt last week," Dean said as he laid back and put his head on your pillow, letting you lay against him. You nodded against him and you he rubbed your back. Should I tell Dean? Does he already know? Shit, shit, shit.

"Dean, I kind have something to tell you..."

"You're anorexia. I barely ever see you eat. That's why I kinda assumed, and I know I shouldn't be assuming but I couldn't help it..." You sat up quickly and looked at with more tears. You stuttered and Dean reached for your hand. "You are, aren't you? Damn, I shouldn't have said what I said. (Y/N), I'm so sorry for commenting on what you were eating. I should've just kept it to myself and let you tell me on your own. "

"Dean it's okay. You just wanted to make sure I was okay. I appreciate yo-" He leaned in and kissed you, interrupting you. You pulled away and leaned back on his chest. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess...physically and mentally." He looked at you like you were crazy and shook his head.

"Babe, you aren't a mess. We can get through this together, okay," Dean said as he began to rub your back while you continued to cry.

"Y-yeah, yeah. You're right. We can." You smiled for the first time in weeks.