Chapter 6: Give Me a Challenge

Sirius POV

I grinned as I saw the looks on some of the boy’s faces as we passed, Waverly dragging me by my tie and I was smirking like an idiot. I didn’t say anything until she dragged me to the edge of the forest, by the lake.

“Ok Black,” she said, letting go of my tie. “Hit me.” She said, twirling her wand and smiling at me.

“Um…” I said, not sure what she meant. I knew not literaly hit her, i would never put myself in that kind of danger. “With a pick up line? Because I have loads of those!-” I was about to prove my point-

“No you moron!” she laughed. “Duel me.” She said; a smug smile on her face.

I rolled my eyes, in DADA; I was the best in the class. Well, me and James; we where both un-beaten. I tried to disarm her, but she deflected it with a simple wrist flick. She just batted her eye lashes, and smiled.

“Try harder.” She laughed. I tried again, but this time my wand flew into her waiting hand.

“I said try harder.” She tossed my wand back, and took off her long black robe. She put one hand on her skirt clad hip, and loosened her tie around her neck. “Give me a challenge.”

~15 minutes later~

“I said give me a challenge,” Waverly laughed. I was pinned against a tree with her wand under my neck. “Or maybe you just can’t handle me…” she trailed off, turning away and tossing my wand over her head. I caught it, and pulled my sweater over my head.

I knew her back was turned, but I shot a stunning spell at her, she deflected it, but turned on a heel with a huge grin on her face. It made her navy eyes sparkle.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” she giggled, then went serious {PUN!}.

~10 Minutes Later~

How about a truce?” I said, brushing back my sweaty hair. Waverly’s pale face was flushed, and she nodded, grinning.

“But I still would have won!” she insisted as we walked up. She had her bag slung over her arm, and her robe stuffed in it.

“So…” she trailed off. “What are your parents like?”

I laughed once; at the randomness of the question, and the question it’s self. “Why?”

“I think you can tell a lot about a person from there parents,” she said. She did that thing where she ran her fingers through her bangs, and held her hand at the crown of her head. The heavy watch she had on her wrist slid up her arm, the copper face glinted of the sun.

“Well,” I sighed. “Mine are narcissistic, pure-blood obsessed pricks.” I said cheerfully. She just laughed, letting her pale hair fall.

“So, your from one of those old, old pure-blood families,” she concluded; I nodded. “Do second cousins really marry?” she asked. I had to stop and lean on a tree I was laughing so hard.

“What? It’s a legitimate question!” she defended.

“No, no, it’s not that,” I said, controlling my laughter, and standing back up. “My parents are second cousins.”

She had a blank look on her face for awhile. “I knew there was something wrong with you.” She said as we walked into the Great Hall. I was laughing hard when I fell into a seat next to Prongs.

Waverly sat across from me next to Lily. I was smiling at her when James nudged my ribs. “Do I want to know why you and Waverly are all sweaty?” he asked, laughing slightly. I turned back to my food, and shrugged.