Chapter 34: The Oracle

Waverly POV

We where back at school, and Lily, Peter, Remy, Alice and Frank all knew that I woke up in Sirius’s bed. James couldn’t keep his mouth shut. Little prat.

I was laughing with Remy as shoving pasta in my mouth when Dumbledore called the Great Hall to attention. It was quiet as he looked over at us.

“In one months time, Hogwarts will have it’s first ever Valentines Day Ball,” he had to stop to let the girls have collective squeal. Lily and Alice looked at me excitedly, and I moaned.

“I hate dresses,” I hissed across the table. Sirius chuckled.

“When I met you, you where in a dress,” he whispered in my ear. I shivered from the feeling of him so close, but I still shook my head.

“Well, I didn’t exactly have any other clothes, and you know…” I trailed off, he squeezed my shoulders and nodded.

“Well, your going to get an amazing one!” Lily whispered to me, I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t even think I’m going to go-”

“It will be mandatory for those above 14, any younger years will have to have written permission from a guardian to attend.” Dumbledore said. I moaned, and hit my head on the table.

“Aw, don’t worry love,” Sirius laughed, squeezing me around the waist. I pushed his arms off me, and mumbled cuss words under my breath. “Just find something smashing and break hearts all night. Seems like something you’d have fun with.” He said in my ear.

Before…it happened, he would do that often. Ok, yes, it would get my heart racing, and my cheeks to blush. But now when he would whisper in my ear, it was like hot blood was being pumped in my cheeks and my finger was stuck in an electrical socket.

“I don’t want to go,” I whined, looking up at Lily talking about how James needed to get a tie to match her dress. I worried about the ball all through the rest of Dumbledore’s speech about it.

I saw Remy looking about the same way I did, I saw him count under his breath, then grin. “I’m exempt.”

“Full moon?” I asked lowly, he nodded. I sighed. “Would you consider biting me so don’t have to go?” I asked.

“I put one mark to many on you already,” he grumbled, I gave him a small smile and patted his hand.

<Next Day>

“WAVERLY!” I heard someone scream in my ear. I saw Lily, Remus, James and Sirius all around me bed.

“How did you get up here?” I asked the guys, getting up and pulling on a pair of sweatpants. “Sirius! Eyes! Up!” I snapped, his head whipping up with a sheepish, yet sly grin in his face.

Remy shoved a paper in my face. I wrinkled my nose. The Oracle. Bleh. Some fifth year wannabe-reporter-Hufflepuff made them out of her dorm. It was a rag that I wouldn’t wipe a table with. It was full of lies and gossip she got in the girls room.

“What about it?” I asked, going behind a changing screen we had in our dorm to pull on my uniform.

“This is today’s story,” Remy paused and cleared his throat. “‘The infamous among witches here at Hogwarts, player Sirius Orion Black the Third-'”

“Did they have to use my full name?” he whined, I heard James punch his shoulder.

“As I was saying…‘has a new girlfriend.-'”

“Oh really?” I laughed, peeking over the screen to smirk at Sirius, he rolled his eyes and told Remy to continue.

“‘This girlfriend being the American Hogwarts bad-girl, Waverly Trinket,’” he finished the sentence, and the screen was smoldering.