Chapter 36: Long Day

Waverly POV

“Can’t I just fake sick and not go?” I complained as Lily and Alice dragged me out a off bed Saturday at 9:00.

“Because you can’t,” Alice said as she dragged me out of the common room. I saw James and Remy sitting on the floor. I grabbed on the door frame and sent them a pleading look.

“Help me!” I squeaked as Lily pulled me back. I heard them laugh as they pushed me to Hogsmeade. “I don’t want to go!” I whined.

“Well, we’re making you!” Alice laughed. She and Lily got into this conversation about strapless vs. sleeves. I zoned out and let them drag me to the dress shop.

“How about-”

“Not anything pink Alice.” I said as she frowned and put down a powder pink dress.

“What-”

“Nothing backless Lily,” I sighed rubbing my temples as Lily huffed and pushed the dress aside. “I’m getting a headache.”

“Well suck it up,” Lily giggled, looking at a long gold dress in a mirror. “We have a lot of work to do.”

“Are you implying I need a lot of work?” I asked, trying to sound offended. I knew I was a piece of work.

“Yep,” Alice smiled, pulling me up and shoving me in to a dressing room with an armful of dresses.

This was going to be a long day. I hate long days.

<End of Long Day>

I collapsed on the common room sofa, and groaned. I felt Lily throw a garment bag on my back. “Why did I have to get a dress anyways? I’m not going!”

“Yes you are!” Remus said, I looked up at him like he was crazy.

“Why are you taking her side?” I asked.

“Because I am. You’re going. And of story.” He said, hitting my head lightly with a book.

“I hate all of you!” I yelled up at the ceiling. “I really do!”

“Good!” James said, running down the stairs and tried to grab Lily’s dress bag. She pulled it out of his reach, and ran up the stairs, slamming the door to our dorm.

“Yeah, that’s going to stop me!” James yelled up, pulling out his wand and tapping the frame of the picture next to the stair case, and the stairs stood still as he ran up.

“How long has he known how to do that?” I asked Remy.

“About four years,” he admitted, flipping through his book.

“Huh,” I mumbled. I felt someone grab my dress bag off my back, and pull me up.

“Hey,” I smiled, looking up at Sirius. How was it that he was still growing? I’ve been the same height for the last few years!

“You find a nice dress?” he asked, handing me back my dress bag.

“Lily thinks so,” I sighed, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

“I bet you look amazing,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. I heard Remy chough to hide a laugh.

“Thanks.” Please ask me. Please ask me Please ask me. PLEASE ASK ME.

“Are you going with anyone?” he asked, looking me in the eye.

“No,” I mumbled, I felt my hands spark.

“Knight is saying you’re going with him,” he said. My mouth fell open.

“Hold this,” I snarled, shoving the bag at him, and stalking out the door.

“XAVIOR KNIGHT!” I yelled in the Great Hall. He stood up, and grinned.

“Hello love,” he said sweetly, opening his arms like he was expecting a hug. “Miss me?”

I slapped him. Hard. In the face, right over the huge purple bruise from a few weeks ago.

“What was that for?” he asked, rubbing his jaw again.

“I am not going to the ball with you, understood?” I snapped, glaring at him and his friends.

“But you-” I grabbed his collar and pulled him down to my level.

“Understood?” I hissed at him. He nodded fast and I threw him back in his seat. I walked back as I heard a few wolf whistles, I whirled around, an glared at the entire hall.

<><><><>

Sirius POV

I groaned and fell next to Remus. I heard a door slam, and James chuckle. He hopped down from the girls dorm, and grinned at me.

“I saw her dress,” he grinned happily.

“Good for you,” I grumbled, playing with the zipper on Waverly’s dress bag.

“What’s is wrong with you?” Peter asked stupidly.

I just stared at him. “I’m upset that Nargals aren’t real Peter,” I snapped.

“But they are!” he insisted, I stared at Remus who just shrugged. I hit the back of his head, and went up to our dorm.

I heard Waverly come back a few minutes later, shouting swears at the walls before slamming her door. I groaned, and thought about how I could cheer myself up.

Well, I haven’t pranked Snape in awhile…

~~

Again, I may post today again...