Chapter 31: Maryian

Waverly POV

Lily was talking at such a fast pace, I just ignored her. I hated to do it, but after six butterbeers, I didn’t exactly want to debate about Baby’s Breath flowers and place settings.

I played with the chain around my neck, and looked at the ring on it. I sighed, Sirius made it really, really hard not to like him. For my birthday, he got me a ring with Topaz and Turquoise gem stones. They where cut in tiny round patterns and in an every other pattern in the silver band. It was beautiful. I smiled as I looked at the small inscription on the inside of the ring. ‘Waverly 12-24-1978 Sirius’ My tummy back flipped and I felt a bit nauseous from the butterbeers.

“Waverly, are you listening?” Lily asked, throwing a book at me. I caught it, and looedk at her.

“Huh?” I asked stupidly. Damn you Sirius Orion Black the Third.

“Roses?” she asked slowly.

“Great name,” I sighed, getting up and looking out the window. Not listening to her ramble on about wedding stuff. James was just sitting next to her, and playing with her hair, nodding along, not caring the slightest what she picked.

I sat on the window seat and watched it snow. I felt someone fall next to me. Sirius. I tilted my head as I looked out the window. “I don’t think I said thank you,” I sighed.

“For the ring I mean,” I added, looking at him. He smiled and nodded.

“I saw it in Diagon Ally and thought of you.” he said, raking back his long hair. “I knew you would like it.”

“I really do,” I said, trying not to smile. “A lot.”

“Good,” he smiled, playing with his watch. “You know you don’t have to wear it.”

“I want to,” I smiled. “I really like it.” he smiled, and looked at the clock on the wall.

“Sissy!” West yelled. “We have to make cookies!”

“Why?” I yelled back, still looking at Sirius.

“Santa! Why else?” he screamed back at me.

“Isn’t he a bit old?” Sirius whispered.

“I told him when he was 7,” I shrugged. “He just like an excuse to eat the raw cookie dough.” I sighed, dragging him to the kitchen.

“I like cookie dough,” Sirius said randomly, smiling.

“Well to damn bad,” I laughed. “You’re not getting any.”

“Aw, please?” he whined as I cracked an egg in a bowl.

“No,” I laughed at his puppy dog eyes, but, again I had to admit; they where pretty heartbreaking. “No,” I said again. He whined, and I looked back to see a huge black dog sitting in Sirius’s seat. It’s big gray eyes where wide as he whimpered, and his ears flattened to his head.

I huffed, and looked at him.

“Snuffles you should really use your powers for good, not evil,” I said smirking. He shifted back into his handsome self, and smiled.

“I do use them for good. My good,” he said. I rolled my eyes and put a tray on the counter.

“Levitate this, will you?” I asked, cracking my knuckles.

“Sure, ok,” he said, pulling out his wand and he muttered the spell. I stuck both my hands under the tray and spun it slightly. I made fire erupt in the palms of my hands, and the cookies where bakes in 60 seconds. Sirius was grinning.