Chapter 23: Recruited

Sirius POV

I was so so SO close to kissing her when she jerked back and looked over my shoulder. There had been a few cracks a few seconds before. I had thought they where breaking beams. I saw Waverly with a look of pure fear on her face. I saw pink sparks erupt from her palms. I was frozen in fear as I saw four people all in black, wands pointed towards us. Waverly was shaking, her hands where in tight fists, and a pink glow was coming through her fingers.

“Well, well, well,” I heard Bellatrix sigh. “Have another girlie friend Sirius?” she cackled.

I could hear Waverly mumbling, I stood in front of her, she gripped my arm tightly. I took out my wand, and held it at my side. The three other people where walking around us slowly. I was surprisingly calm.

Her head whipped over to look at her, her black eyes still had that insane glint to them. I slowly stood in front of Waverly. “What do you want that requires four wands pointed at us, exactly?” I asked, I heard the pop of a spark.

“Well, cousin, I’m her to recruit you,” she said with a wicked grin. It wasn’t like Waverly’s playfully little smirk; this was what Hitler probably looked like at Christmas.

“I would never be a member of a group that would have me-or you-as a member,” I said sarcastically. She tipped her head at a man with wolfish fangs. In a flash he was behind me, and had Waverly by the neck. She didn’t even flinch; he held her throat tight with his clawed hand. Little drops of blood pooled on her jacket. She shook her head ‘no’ slightly.

“This would be for the better of everyone here if you joined,” she said, caressing the chest of a man next to her. Must be that Lestrange guy Andromeda told me about before she left. The other man was standing still and stony faced in the corner, his wand still raised.

“So, threting us is the way you think you can convince me?” I asked, I noticed a thick, inky black mark in her left forearm. When did Bella get that?

“The Dark Lord is rising,” she said, turning back to me. Voldemort? “Join us in helping him. We will be rewarded greatly.” She said, her eyes glazed over momentarily as she thought about it.

“I’ll pass,” I snapped. I swayed on my feet and braced myself on the wall. I heard a loud crack, and saw James, Remus and Lily fall through the closet. I jumped and was thrown back by a jet of red light.

“You BITCH!” Waverly screamed at Bellatrix. I saw Remus shaking as he started at the man that had Waverly by the throat. He must be Fenrir Greyback. He bit Remus when he was just a kid. Remus, with a quick flick of his wand sent Greyback flying into the wall. Waverly had her wand out at Bella. Lily had her wand up as Lestrange stalked closer. James’s pant leg was stuck in the door. He grabbed his wand and shot a spell; it bounced off the walls, and hit the man in the back. He let out what I can only describe as a battle cry, and pointed his wand at Lily Waverly had her wand up at Bellatrix still, she had not sent a spell at anyone. Only deflected the. She was cussing loudly, and everything was hazy and blurry from the clonk on my head

Waverly POV

I kept trying to hold of Bellatrix, when I saw Lily with two wands pointed at her. Remy with a werewolf at him. Sirius was passed out on the floor, blood trickling down his chest from the back of his head. James was pulling practically at his pants leg.

I saw Lestrange twist his wrist to curse Lily…

“REDUCTO!” Lily yelled, both men where shot back a few feet, and was long enough for her to use a severing charm on James’s pants leg. He tried to push Lily behind him, but she was a stubborn girl. She was shooting spells at Lestrange faster then James could get his wand up.