Chapter 9: Snuffles

Sirius POV

“What do you-”

Waverly grabbed my tie and pulled me down to her level. I felt her lips gently brush mine…felt like I was kissing an electric current. And just as quickly as she started it, she ended it.

“I-I wanted to apologize for earlier. And…Now I owe you none.” I saw her give me a sad excuse of a smile. She smiled a bit bigger, and put her fingers under my chin and closed my mouth.

“Uh-Er-Friends?” I offered, holding out my hand.

“Yeah, friends,” she said, taking my hand. I felt the same teasing smile spread across my face.

“The guys won’t believe this. The badass Waverly Trinket kissed me,” I joked…she took me seriously.

“You tell them, and I will bring hell.” She snapped, then turned on a heel and walked to Dumbledore’s office.

I smiled, and walked back into the common room. I saw West sitting next to Lily. She was handing him tissues, but he was just squeezing them into balls before tossing them into the trash bin. He was staring intently at Remus as he read.

“Hey,” I sighed, falling next to James on the couch.

“Padfoot?” Remus asked.

“Hm?” I mumbled, I was happy me and Waverly where good, but I was still depressed about everything else going on.

“You still got that Magic 8 Ball?” he asked, throwing his books down.

“Yeah. Why.” I asked, levitating a pillow on the sofa.

“Go get it,” he sighed. I did, and tossed it at him. he began to furiously shake it, and look at the bottom. After about ten minutes, he gave up.

“What where you asking?” I mumbled. I was sitting with my feet over the back of the sofa and my head of the bottom.

“It doesn’t matter,” he mumbled. I saw West staring at me intently like he had Remus.

I grabbed my Magic 8 Ball, and shook it.

‘Will Waverly and West go back to the USA for the summer?’ I asked randomly, trying to get my mind off things.

“That’s what your asking?” I heard West mumbled, he looked half asleep on Lily’s shoulder.

“What?” I asked, smiling slightly at the ‘My source say no.’ I got.

“Didn’t you ask your question out loud?” he mumbled again, rubbing his eyes.

“No,” I said, looking at him weird. I looked at James, he shrugged, but West shot up. Was this normal for him?

“Yes! I knew it! I knew it!” he shouted, running out of the common room.

We all looked at each other, then went back to what we where doing.

~*~*~*~

Waverly POV

“But professor-!”

“I’m sorry Ms. Trinket, but that is my final answer,” Dumbledore said, sitting back into his chair. I nodded, and was about to turn away, when I saw a grinning West burst through the door. He was almost jumping with excitement.

“Sissy! Pick a number! Any number!” he said, I had done this a lot. I picked a number and-

“Seven hundred one billion eight hundred forty-six million two hundred three thousand two hundred thirty-four!” he said, his hair was messy, like he’d just got up.