Chapter 28: More Than Friends?

~ Amelia's POV ~

It's already Friday. The 14th of April. I thought this week would be a drag, but I guess I'm wrong. Walking through the entrances of the school, I headed to Ms. Bryant's class early.

I walked in and she looked up from her desk and smiled at me, "Morning Ms. Davis."

"Morning Ms. Bryant, how was your morning?" I asked.

"Good, although it's weird being in a house alone. I thought I'd be used to it by now, but guess not." She shrugged.

"This week flew by pretty quickly, to be honest." I said and she nodded in agreement.

"So, how are we doing tonight?" She asked, quietly.

"Well, I was thinking, after practice, which ends at about 5:00pm, I made reservations at the Italian place downtown for 7:00pm. When practice is over, we can head home, shower, change and all, then I'll drive to your place and pick you up." I smiled.

"Sounds like a good plan."

The bell rang and I walked over to my seat as the class started to walk in, all in chatting groups. When the final bell rang, Ms. Bryant began speaking.

"Morning class, today we're going to start working on practice exams for the AP test coming up in about a month. So, clear your desks and I'll begin passing them out. Complete as many as you can and by the end of the class just toss them in the turn-in bin over there. Don't worry, it won't be graded so there's no need to rush. We will be going over this on Monday and Tuesday. Be prepared to write another essay next week. I'll hand out the prompts to everyone on Wednesday to A.P.E., then we will be writing it Thursday in class." She explained.

We all cleared our desks and she began passing out the practice exams. I sat at my desk reading each passage carefully then answered the questions with it. This packet had a total of fifty-five questions. I completed a total of forty-seven when the bell rang. I sighed and got up, placing the packet in the turn-in bin. Grabbing my backpack as I waved to Ms. Bryant.

"See you sixth period." I said.

"Bye Amelia."

I made my way to my chemistry class and sat at my seat. Looking at the board, to find out that today we'll be reviewing all the contents starting today and on until the last time before this exam. I waited for the bell to ring as I searched the internet for something to draw. I had an independent project in my art class. Independent refers to choosing your own image or go wild with free hand. Which I mostly disliked because I have no ideas, or certain interest. The bell finally ran and Mr. Williams walked in and told us to get out our AP prep books to begin our review.

"You can work in groups of three or four if you want to help each other review. I have tons of FRQs right here, I'll place them, spread out, on the counter in the lab station. Feel free to grab one and work on it. Please keep these copies clean and do the work on a separate sheet of paper. We have two periods so this will be a great time to get some reviewing in."

After he finished, we all began working. I took out my practice book and began reading sections. After going through three sections of the practice, doing the chapter related multiple choice and FRQs, the bell to dismiss third period was over. I packed my thing and walked to my AP Government, my fourth period class before lunch.

Walking in and sitting at my assigned seat, I took out my phone and began playing temple run, until I jumped in my seat.

"BOO!" Adam said as her scared the living shit out of me.

"Oh my gosh!" I said, turning around and hitting him.

He laughed at me, "Gotcha!"

I glared at him. He sits right behind me in AP Government, making things interesting.