Chapter 37: Awareness Isn't Alone

~ Amelia's POV ~

I was laying in Claire's bed, as she sat next to me, looking through the letters and photos that were in the five envelopes I had received. I watched as she flipped back and forth, looking over the letters for what looked like the fifteenth time. It was already 10:30pm.

"...Wow." She said.

"Now you know my reason."

"...Yeah." She said and then placed the papers on the desk. She joined me on the bed, "I'm sorry for blaming you."

I shook my head, "No worries. It would hurt either way." I said. "But at least I got the courage up to tell you." I said.

"Yeah, but it makes it scary to be alone." She said as she stared up at the ceiling.

"I know." I sighed as my head rested on her chest.

"Are you doing alright?"

"Yeah... I'm relieved that you know... But I'm also scared of what this would mean, that I exposed this out to another person."

Claire sighed, "I understand. Let's just hope, as long as we have each other... We can relax, just a bit."

I sighed and nodded, "Alright, it's already ten-thirty."

"You tired?"

"A little, it's just been a very long week." I said.

"Okay, I'll turn off the lights and we can sleep."

My heart began to race. Claire reached for the bedside table and shut off the lights. She readjusted herself back in bed and I instantly pulled myself into her.

"Amelia... Are you sure you're okay?"

"...Honestly... I don't know anymore." I said, still not being able to relax. "I just feel like I'm in more danger than before."

I feel Claire's arms tighten around me. "Just go to sleep. I'm here, we're safe tonight. I made sure everything is locked." She whispered.

"Okay." I said as I buried my head into her.

"I got you... I'm not letting go." She said and that was the last thing I heard before I drifted off.

<><><><><>

The bell had rung for lunch... That's funny, how come I don't remember going to first, second or third, nor do I remember taking fourth period, even though I was in the classroom. I decided to just shrug it off and head to lunch.

"Hey Amy!!" I heard as I exited my fourth period class and made my way to my locker.

"Hey Lisa. What's up?"

"Just reminding you that Coach Glass and Coach Bryant are in Glass's room so we can celebrate our victory for our championship game." Lisa exclaimed in excitement.

"Great, let's head over there." I said as I shut my locker and we walked over to her room.

We walked in and the entire team was there. I smiled and approached Avery, who was grabbing a slice of pizza and a Pepsi. "Hey girls." She smiled.

I chuckled and placed my bag down by the desk and walked over to grab some food. I smiled when Claire approached me.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." I smiled.

Then Coach Glass walked over to us, "Well, our last get-together of the tennis season." She breathed out. "I am so proud of you." She said to me as she gave me a hug.