Chapter 9: What Are We?

~ Amelia's POV ~

"Adam, pass it over here!" John called out and Adam tossed him the frisbee.

"Nice catch," Adam said.

"One-minute left!!!" Mrs. Sims yelled out by the field.

"Okay, we have one minute, Jamie what is the score?!" Adam called.

"Nine to nine. Whoever get this last point wins the game." Jamie said.

"Josh, toss it." Eric yelled as he raised his hand.

Josh tossed the frisbee, and as Eric was about to catch it, Linda interfered and caught it instead. "Haha! Jackson, catch!" Linda yelled as she threw it towards Jackson.

"Oh no you don't, not this time!" I could see the smirk on Adams face after he had interfered. He stood and looked around for a second, then his eyes laid on me, "Davis, you better catch this." He said as he threw the frisbee towards me.

I was standing a few feet away from the goal, and if I can catch it, I have a chance by taking three steps. It was towards me and a bit high as I ran towards it, jumping up to catch it.

"I got it." I yelled out. Landing in my feet I looked around to see that I had already passed the goal.

And just in time too. "Time! Bring all your jerseys and frisbees up here." Mrs. Sims said after blowing her whistle.

"We won!" Josh yelled out in victory as our team jumped up and down all with a triumphant smile on their faces. Like they're Super Bowl Champions.

I was just as surprised to see all the guys running over and lifting me in the air. Josh was the one who was holding my legs as they wrapped lightly around his neck. All the other guys were surrounding us as they all chanted 'Davis! Davis!'

We passed my Mrs. Sims as we all tossed our jerseys and frisbees into the bin, I could see Mrs. Sims looking up in amusement and she shook her head as a smile was on her face. The guys kept chanting till we arrived to the building. They placed me down to the ground, we gave each other high fives and pats on the back.

"Nice job." A guy behind me said. I turned around to see Adam, smiling widely at me, "You are the MVP of this team. Without you by the goal we would have had to break the tie tomorrow." He said.

I chuckled, "Thanks." I grinned and he gave me a hug.

The five-minute bel rang, "Well, have a great rest of your day, I'll see you tomorrow." He said and I waved at him too before Mrs. Sims unlocked the door to the girls locker room.

I went over to my locker and unlocked it, taking out my clothes and changed into them. Placing my P.E. clothes in my bag, I placed it back in my locker and locked it up. I walked over to the sink by the restroom stalls and washed my face in cold water before drying it off with those terribly rough paper towels. The bell rang as I took my bag by the benches and walked out. Time to head to calculus. Oh, I regret taking this class, honestly.

<><><><><>

The bell rang finally after the long dread of sitting in this class learning derivatives. I smiled as I went to my locker, grabbing the binders that I needed for homework. After I closed it, I began walking to Ms. Bryant's room. Preparing myself for whatever new is coming.

I knocked on the door, trying to open it, though it was locked. I looked around the hall, before placing my hand up to knock on it again before the door opened and startled me. I jumped back a few steps.

"Ms. Davis, come on in." I heard her say and I walked in, she let the door shut behind us, then walked back to her desk. "Sorry, I didnt mean to scare you."