Chapter 42: Forever and Always

~ Amelia's POV ~

~ Five Years Later ~

It was funny, how five years can pass by so quickly. To see I was already out of college and already finished my first year of my trial in medical school. I was sitting in the room of a church, looking in the mirror as my mother did my hair.

"Honey, you look really beautiful in white." She said.

I smiled to the compliment. I inhale a deep breath, needing a boost of confidence and exhaled all the negativity I had in my mind that could go wrong today. I feel very nervous... I continued to take deep breaths.

"Sweetie, cheer up it's your special day." My mom said.

"Amy, just keep smiling and you'll be fine." Jessica said as she clipped on my bracelet and necklace.

I exhale, "Okay," I just sat there and thought about this exact day, a year ago.

It was the 28th of July. I smiled as I sat at the kitchen table playing the crossword of the day on the newspaper. It was about 12:00pm. I was drinking another cup of coffee. Claire walked down the stairs of our house and entered the kitchen.

"Hi," I then looked her up and down, "You look nice." I said.

"Thanks." She said. "Tracy called, she wanted me to come shopping with her."

"Sounds fun," I said.

"Want to come?"

"Nah, go spend some quality time with your sister." I said. "I need to help my mom with some things from work."

"Alright." She said then the bell rang.

"I got it." I said as I walked over to the door and answered.

"Hello!" Tracy said with joy.

"Hi," I smiled.

She walked in, "So, where's Claire?"

"In the kitchen." I said and we walked in.

"Alright ready to go?"

"Yep, just let me grab my bag from upstairs." She said.

After she left to head up the stairs, Tracy looked over at me. "So, you ready?"

I sighed, "How much time do we have before restaurant reservations?"

"It's at five tonight so don't worry." Tracy said. "Your mom said she's going to help you with the set up. But yeah, I'll distract her for a while at the mall, probably try on a billion of dresses." She chuckled.

"Sounds... Fun."

She laughed, "Don't worry. It is. But I'll text you any updates at what time we're going to the restaurant."

"Okay, thanks." I said.

Claire came down a minute later, "Alright, I'm ready." She smiled.

"You know we have dinner reservations with Amelia's family and ours at five, so we can spend our time shopping around." Tracy said to Claire.

"Right. You said something about that." She said then walked over to me. "Okay I'm off," She said and kissed me.

"Okay have fun."

"I'll call you when we're heading to the restaurant." Tracy said. I nodded and Claire walked out the door first, Tracy turned back and winked at me. I smiled and then watched as the car drove away.