Chapter 39: She's My English Teacher

~ Amelia's POV ~

I watched behind Juliette, trying to get this fuckin' rope untied. Almost there...

I heard her speak to Claire, "Oh, Claire. Don't you get it... If I can't have you... No one can. If I can't win this war and take your heart back with me, then we all will suffer together..." She said as her gun is pointed at Claire's heart. No! If only I can get this... Got it. I quietly stood up and saw Claire shut her eyes. I know I've probably placed Claire through so much worry. And I'm not letting it all end here. I noticed a vase behind me and grabbed it with my sleeves to not leave any finger prints. Not caring about the flowers, I noticed her about to pull the trigger and hit her behind the head with the vase, the item broke into shattering pieces and the water in it splashed everywhere... But then, I heard the gun fire. I immediately flinched and covered my head. After what sounded to be a light bulb shattering. I watched as Juliette fell to the ground... it felt like slow motion. I looked down and went on a knee, she still has a pulse but she's knocked out for sure. I kicked the gun away from her and looked over at Claire. She still had her eyes closed... I untied the cloth from my mouth and breathed.

"Claire..." I sighed out and ran over to her, hugging her.

I felt her eyes shock open, "Amelia!" She said suddenly, I felt her instantly wrap her arms around me.

After Claire managed to get together that she is still alive, I saw her do a double take at Juliette's non-moving body on the ground, then she looked at the soaked floor and the shattered vase. "You knocked her out?"

"Hell yeah, I found the nearest hard object and took advantage of my swinging skills, sorry for destroying that precious vase of yours, but I'm not letting you die." I said.

"I have to call the cops," I said.

"Wait... no."

"What?" I said, in a bit of shock that she'll refuse.

"If you call, and they find out about us, then everything will go downhill either way." Claire said.

Fuck. "Okay, then how are we doing this?"

"Okay," she said, running up the steps and then coming down a second later with all the papers. She handed them to me and I placed them in my pocket. "You have to run."

"What?"

"Your car is out there, park across the street and then call the cops, tell them you heard screaming and a gun shot at this house and got suspicious. So, pretend you didn't know I live here and became surprised when you see me or something."

"Why?"

"So, we don't get caught."

"Claire... are you sure."

"I am sure, okay? I love you." She said and kissed me quickly before pushing me out the front door.

"Okay... love you too. Please be careful."

"...I will." She said and then I ran to my car, I reared it and parked on the other side of the street. Taking out my phone and dialed the number.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"I'm parked across the street from a house that I just heard screaming and gunshot."

"Okay, we're sending some people over, stay on the line with me so I can track your location."

"Okay."

"Someone will be there, they will find out what happened and one will ask you a couple of questions after."