Chapter 44: Days To Remember

~ Claire's POV ~

Amelia was on her computer while I was watching a show, currently 5:00pm here in Paris. I looked over at her and she's been staring at the screen for a while.

"Cupcake, what are you doing?" I asked and leaned over to her and she lifted her laptop out of my sight for a second and looked down at me, when my head hit her lap.

"Just... looking at a couple of things." She grinned widely.

"What things?" I asked, then she placed the computer back down on her lap. "The Jules Verne?" I questioned as I looked at the screen.

"Yes. You know the Eiffel Tower is so much more romantic in the night time." She said and I nodded, "Well, since we are planning to go there anyway, we could leave at about 6:00pm instead, wander a bit, I made reservations at 7:30pm. So, it gives us time to get there and admire everything else around." She said.

"Alright." I said as she shut off her computer and stood up off the bed to place it away in her suitcase. She came back on the bed and pulled me into her as we snuggled watching some show.

"You know, there is actually a good show on." She said. I raised an eyebrow at her, "Well, I barely have any relax time when all it came to was college, study, med-school, more studying, part-time. I never had a chance to sit and watch. It would always be for background and I wouldn't pay any attention." She explained.

I nodded, "But you do realize, that this is in French."

"Shut up, there are subtitles on the bottom." She said. I chuckled and she hit me, "Stop laughing, you have an advantage because you are biliterate."

"I can just sit with you all day and watch your reaction as you are intensely looking at the screen, reading the subtitles. It's cute." This caused her to hit me again and push me away. "Hey!"

"Well... you... deserve that." She said, and I noticed the light blushing that started to show on her cheeks.

I smiled and went back into my spot to snuggle with her and reached up to kiss her cheek, smiling as I did. It caused a bit of a smile to form on her face.

"I did say it was cute." I said.

She looked at me, like she about to glare at me, but then I noticed the little twitch of a smile appear at the corner of her lip. "Oh, please." She said in disbelief.

"What? I can't look at, and admire my wife?" I stated, in pretend-shock.

She hit me again, but this time a little harder. "Stop." She demanded.

I started to chuckle. "What?"

"Stop." She laughed.

"Stop what?" I asked her.

"Stop... saying adorable stuff to me, you're making me blush." She said and looked away, back at the TV.

I smiled and my arm was around her waist and pulled her into me. Kissing her cheek, a couple of times, smiling as I did it and then kissed her lips.

"You know, I will never stop the compliments." I said and pulled her on top of me. "You are my wife and I love you to the tiniest piece in my heart."

I could see a darker shade of pink appear on her cheeks and she hid her face in my neck, "Stop saying cute things." She whined at me.

"No." I said and she threw a mini-tantrum on top of me and I laughed. She kept her face buried in the crook of my neck. "This brings back memories when you were in college. I was at home and sometimes you'd be home late, because you had to stay back for labs and other events at the school. I'd sometimes be in bed when you come home and you would just leave your bag by your work desk in the other room, come in our bedroom and then just hug me. You'd lay on top of me in your school clothes for a second before showering. Then that night when I would hold you, you'd just snuggle on top of me and rant to my about how stupid the work is, the class, the partner and group projects and all... and then you'd sometime throw the tiny tantrums in my arms." I said.