13

Sira: Hey Jimin, are you free tomorrow? I need some help with my psychology assignment

Jimin: Yeah sure I can help you. I'm free after 3

Sira: Library at 4?

Jimin: okay :)

Nerve-wracking or not, the tutoring sessions with Jimin were  really helping me. My grade had improved from a D to a B and I was ecstatic.

He had been tutoring me once a week for the past month, yet we were only acquaintances. We knew nothing about each other and couldn't even be considered friends.

So, I decided to get to know him better in order to worsen my suffering. Only being in the presence of my kind-of crush was bad enough, but now I was going to see his personality and life and like him even more because he's an amazing person.

▪▪▪

"Hello! What's your assignment about?"

"Wow, Jimin, getting straight to the point, huh?" I teased.

Jimin smiled sheepishly and ran his hand through his hair.

"Actually, there is no assignment," I smirked,"I wanted to talk to to you."

"You know, if you wanted to talk, you could've just told me," he said, looking a bit taken aback.

"Uh yeah, but it would be awkward."

"Couldn't be more awkward than this."

"Oh my god, stop. I get it; I'm dumb."

"No, I was just kidding. Let's talk."

"What's your major?"

"Neuroscience. You?"

"Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm doing law."

"Why did you choose law?"

"That's a tough one. Hmm, I think it's because I've seen, read about and heard a lot of things that made me extremely sad. I was disappointed in the world and how it turned out. In high school, I debated a lot, and controversial topics are the norm. So I researched a lot on things such as sexism, racism, ableism, political and social structures. And I realized that there are people in the world, suffering from heinous injustices and human rights violations. I couldn't stand to see it, especially since efforts to correct it are being suppressed. I chose law because I want justice."

"...I don't know what to say. You're so passionate towards your ambitions and here I was going to tell you that I chose neuroscience because I'm a zombie."

"A zombie?"

"Because brains, get it?"

"Oh lord that was terrible."

"Let me tell you a better one. What do you call a skull without 1 billion neurons? A no-brainer."

I threw my head back as I laughed.  In front of me, Jimin was giggling at his own joke, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

We spent the next two hours just talking and getting to know each other. Spending time with him was truly the best part of my day. His infectious laugh and cheerful personality actually did make me like him more.

Now I actually had a crush on him as a person, rather than just a hot guy.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Did you invent the airplane? Because you seem Wright for me.