Chapter 6

I walked towards my house feeling dejected. It seemed to me like all my energy was spent on nothing. Shopping, formal dress, resume, everything went in vain.

Let's not forget the imaginary scenario acting in front of the mirror.

I looked around curiously observing people to distract myself. When I reached near a mall, I saw an 8 year old boy, I guessed he was that old. He seemed to be looking around. He seemed lost.

"Hi, are you lost?" I asked sweetly.
"Shut up! I am 10. I am not a kid that I'll get lost" he huffed angrily.

Oh boys! Their first emotion is ego.

I kept on standing near him.

"Leave me alone, get lost" he yelled.

Oh god! People are glaring at me coz of you, jerk.

"Oh so you think you are too smart to be lost. I bet you have a weak memory" I smiled slyly.

"I have a sharp memory" he argued.

"Ok, prove it. Dial your mom's number on my phone only if you remember that. Prove me wrong or you don't even remember your mom's number?"

He snatched phone from my hand and called his mom. I could clearly hear that his mom was asking about his whereabouts and was worried.

Plan worked!

I took my phone away from him and told his mother everything.

"So you really have a sharp memory" I smiled at him.

He grinned back "I know you did that on purpose, you played me. You are smart too."

"Why thank you, young man. So my name is Nora" I stretched out my hand.

"Jimmy, nice to meet you" he shook his hand.

One thing was clear. This boy seemed to be going to a good school with the way he introduced himself.

"But that piece of garbage could hardly be called a phone" he smirked.

"Well that piece of garbage helped you" I retorted.

"I will always buy an iPhone" he replied.

"Too bad right now you don't even have a piece of garbage like mine" I smiled. He huffed in response and I could see his cheeks slightly tinged in pink.

During our chat, a Bentley pulled up and a woman hurriedly hugged Jimmy "Oh honey! why you ran off ? I was so worried."

"Sorry mom" he hugged her back.

Wow! Even jimmy is rich.

She composed herself "you must be the one who called me. Thanks a lot dear. My name is Maria Johnson."

"My name's Nora and you don't have to thank me. Jimmy was really nice to talk to. He's brave like Batman. He didn't ask for help" I smiled at both of them.

Jimmy came closer to me and waved me to be near his height.

What?

I just bent to his height and he kissed my cheek "you are now my friend. You should be proud."

I smiled at him "Yes I am very proud."
When I said that he blushed like anything.

He went inside the car. Maria hugged me out of no where.

This is awkward.

She smiled and said "Nora, you are really something. My son has never opened up to anyone. This is the first time I saw him talking to a stranger like this. I can't thank you enough."

"It's okay, he's a sweet boy. I hope we meet again. See you around" I replied.

She nodded and went inside her car. I waved at them.

Now my mood was really lifted up.

See! that's what kindness does. I am addicted to it. I love making people smile. But I pay a heavy price for it. Nobody cares for me. Everyone will use me.

I sighed and made my way home.

"I don't know what to say? you get rejected but you got me a job, how? I want to kill myself after killing you but I want to party too" Charlotte had been talking non stop.

The moment I stepped in, she questioned me. She was happy because she got a job but she thought I lost my job because of her.

"Enough Charlie, I got rejected because I didn't do well and you are hired because they were impressed by your resume. My employer was rude but apparently the head of your job's department was a nice girl. I may have praised you a little too much. I expect a hug now" I said.

She hugged me "Thanks Nora and I hope you will get a better job. I am so lucky to have a sister like you. You know sisters from different mothers."

I smiled "Give me a pizza treat now and I call for Netflix."

After freshening up, we watched BTS concert making series. She loves BTS, I am not as great of their fan though.

We couldn't finish the series in one go. I told everything to Charlie except for the part of how I really lost my job and got hers.

After her long session of drooling over Taehyung, Jungkook, we passed out.

........
Aloha! my lovely bibliophiles. How are you liking the story so far?

Which one is the best guy in teen wolf according to you?
I watch it for Stiles' jeep though.

What about you? Comment and don't forget to vote.

Who can't wait for the next update?

Tiffany-SNSD
RobThier
Dynyas
Faroroshae
glam-village
iam_creinzy
ellorythebrave
Iouissimp