Chapter 16

Zanthus' viewpoint

We silently sat in my car. For once in my life I was grateful to Eric. I really thought that she would not agree to come with me. I looked at her and she was already dozing off.

No wonder, she looked tired.

I made sure that she had her seatbelt on. She was curled into a ball. I reclined her seat so she could be more comfortable.

Cute.

Since she was sleeping so peacefully, instead of taking her to the office, I took her to my home.

Well, office hours don't start for next five hours. Guess I can sleep finally without any more worry.

I don't know why this girl occupied so many of my thoughts. We haven't spent any time together as friends but I honestly felt guilty of what I put her through. I was being a jerk to her for no reason but now I valued her.

I glanced at her quickly.

Maybe when you are quiet, you are cute.

I didn't want to let go of this girl because I have been surrounded by so many fakers and selfish jerks. And she looked like the most pure person to me. Moreover, my company earned a lot of profits in the month she worked for me.

Profits in my business is priority.

Once we reached my mansion, I told the maids to open the guest room and I laid the girl on bed. I haven't been able to sleep since she left the job.

Finally today I'll be able to sleep.

After my sleep, I got ready to leave. I checked on her but she was sound asleep, I didn't wake her up. It looked like she hadn't slept in ages. I left the new contract in her room with a note.

'I would like you to sign this new contract and start working for me again. You can bring the signed papers to the office. If you don't sign, I will sue you for $50 million for resigning untimely.

P.S. Pure business, no personal grudges.'

I knew she would be angry but I just wanted her back as my employee.
I informed Maria to let her sleep and give her anything she needs. Finally, I drove off in a pleasant mood.

Nora's viewpoint

I woke up in a very comfortable bed. It surprised me but once I recollected where I was, my mood turned sour. I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Ma'am, are you awake? Shall I bring you the lunch?" a maid asked entering inside.

I nodded politely at her as there was no fun of taking out my anger on her. She informed me about the contract that Zanthus left for me.

The moment I read it, I was pissed. It was clear that he didn't want me to leave. I sneaked into his study to search for something that could be used against him.

I need an upper hand if I want to quit this job.

While I was fumbling through his stuff, I heard footsteps coming my way.

Dammit.

I quickly hid under his table, it was partially blocked. That was the best place to hide since there was nothing else for cover.

The door of his office opened and I became still anticipating my future.

.....
Booh!

OK who still plays hide and seek?

Vote and comment my greedy readers.