Chapter 25

Percy POV
I sat at my desk as Artemis slept behind me. She snored softly, and I smiled at that, only to remember what happened and my face turned back to a glare. That sick coward. How could he do that? I sipped my glass of water and plugged in my beats. As I played top hits radio on Pandora I slowly dozed off.
"Percy." Someone wiggles my shoulder. "Percy." She shook it this time. I looked up at Artemis and she smiled, wearing the same shirt I had given her, and I didn't know if she had found underwear around camp. "You need underwear and shorts? I'll get you some." I nodded and she laughed. "Percy, you can sleep in the bed. I don't mind." She smiled and grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the king sized bed. I sighed but happily flopped down on the bed and snuggled with the warm covers. "Thank you for... saving me." Artemis said softly. "It was my pleasure. Whatever you need, let me know." I smiled and she smiled back. She hugged me in that moment. I felt her cold skin on mine and it shot waves of adrenaline through out my body. I hugged her back, and she started to softly snore. I had no choice. I closed my eyes and fell into deep sleep...
I woke up to find Artemis with her back facing me. She rolled over and smiled at me. "Hello, Perseus." I glared at her. She giggled softly and I smiled at her. "Let's get you showered and changed. I smiled and she nodded. I showed her the shower and went to get her some clothes. When I returned she was still in the shower, so I left the clothes there and jumped back into my bed. I sighed and grabbed my computer. iMac pro, the one Reyna gave me. I smiled. Artemis walked out and jumped into the bed. I put on the flash and she watched it as I took a shower in the toasty warm water. As I walked out she smiled. "How did that feel?" She asked and I smiled. "Felt good." I looked at her as she walked up to me. "So I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat?" I asked and she blushed and looked at her hands. "Uh, sure. When?" How about now?" I asked and grabbed her hand. I teleported us to a Starbucks cafe and she smiled. She wore a LA dodgers jersey with skinny white jeans. I wore a my swimming academy sweatshirt and tan shorts. I bought her a large iced coffee and got a water for myself. We sat and talked for about a hour and then headed back to Camp Jupiter.
"It's nice to get your mind off all this war stuff." Artemis smiled and looked me into my eyes. "It is. Just to forget for maybe a hour that someone doesn't want to kill me and take my head." I smiled and she looked at me. We stopped walking by a tree. "Everyone I love dies." I looked into her eyes. "That's a chance I'm willing to take." She smiled and kissed me.
When we reached Camp Jupiter campers rushed everywhere. "Percy!" Reyna shouted. "We need help. Campers are battling a giant. Says he's your opposite. " Reyna looked at me then Artemis. "Be right there." I sighed and walked into the weapons shed.
Thank you all for 6k reads. My goal is 10k reads, so I am trying very hard on this story because I am so close.