Chapter 48

I woke up and my head was throbbing. I looked at the time and the clock read 7:30 am. Had everything that happened been a dream? It felt so real.
I walked up onto the deck and Ziana smiled, steering the boat towards land.
"Just off the coast of Florida." She smiled and I nodded and awkwardly smiled back.
I grabbed a cold waffle and devoured it within seconds.
"Slow your role, you might choke." She laughed and I rubbed the top of my head and blushed.
"Just really hungry. And eager to get back to our friends." I explained.
"Percy. You know this isn't going to be a easy fight. Some people are gonna die." Ziana looked at me.
"Y-yeah. But I won't let you." I looked right into her eyes, and she blushed and looked down.
"Percy, you can't worry about me. This is about you and Gaea. You need to kill her. Everyone else is here to fight her minions." Ziana looked at me and I nodded.
"Yea, i k-know." I tapped my foot on the desk as the thought ran through my head. Everyone dying and Gaea ruling the world. Worst part was, she wanted me to be the king.
I got up and started to walk back below deck, but Ziana stopped me.
"Percy. Stop. We need to talk." She put her hand on my chest.
"Uhh. Talk about what?" I said awkwardly and smiled.
"This." She smiled and stood on her tippy toes as she gently pressed her lips against mine. I blushed and she laughed and looked at me.
"What is this?" She asked me.
"Whatever you want it to be." I smiled and she laughed even more.
"Percy, you are so awkward. I love it." She smiled and kissed me once more, then walked to the front of the ship.
I ruffled my hair and smiled.
I walked below deck and fell asleep, and before I knew it, Ziana screamed at me.
"Get up here. You gotta see this."
I ran up as fast as I could and then looked off the starboard side of the boat.
The thunder roared and Zeus grinned, lightning flickering off his hands.
"Perseus. Your mother wants you." He smiled and sighed.
"Let me guess, you want to fight?" I smiled and he screamed. Rain pelted down onto my skin and it only made me stronger.
I jumped off the boat and dove into the water.
I jumped out right as he shot lightning at the water. I punched his jaw and he flew into the ocean. He smiled and threw a lightning bolt, that crashed right into my stomach.
I screamed and unscheathed riptide. I charged him and my sword met his bolt.
I pulled my sword away, because it was glowing orange. I slashed his chest and he screamed and threw another bolt at me. It went through my arm and I screamed in pain. Blood dropped down my body and I held riptide firmly. He charged me and I sunk riptide through his chest, but felt something in my stomach.
We both fell from the sky and he splashed in the ocean.
Riptide returned to my hand and his body floated away lifelessly. Then I looked at my stomach.
The bolt had gone all the way through, and I screamed in pain. The boat shot straight towards me and right when I climbed onto the deck, I screamed and my vision went black.