Chapter 54

Falling asleep was probably my worst mistake. Right when my head hit the pillow and my eyes closed, my horrible nightmares started.
I was on a mountaintop, chains wrapped around my wrists and stuck to the earth. Gaea sat in her throne and smiled as two guards brought someone with a bag over their head infront of me.
"Percy. I told you. You can't win." She smiled and the guards pulled the bag off her head.
Ziana cried and looked into my eyes.
"Percy... it's all your fault" she said right before she was sucked into the earth.
Gaea slowly walked up to me and punched me off the cliff. As I fell for the ground getting closer by the second, the image changed.
"Percy won't find out will he?" Ziana whispered and the voice responded.
"No." Someone said.
Ziana grinned and walked out of the cabin. Then the image changed again. I was in Tartarus and Ziana was throwing knives at me.
'Thunk' was the sound the knife made as it sank into my chest.
I screamed in agony and Ziana grinned.
"Percy. Do you really know me?" She smiled and threw another knife.
'Thud'
This one hit my forearm and I screamed again.
Then my eyes shot open and I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead. I looked to my left, and Reyna was still asleep.
I slowly got out of the tent and walked off a little.
The frosty air felt good on my exposed skin, and it cooled me down. My breathing slowed and the moonlight was shining right onto me.
I smiled and prayed to Artemis. I wished her safe travels and that she'd return soon.
Look where I was without her. A lost boy.
'When Artemis comes back, I think I'll let her control what's left of the hunt.' I told myself and started heading back to my tent.
When I got back to the camp site, the fire was dim and everyone was still asleep. Bugs were singing as loud as they could, and everything seemed perfect.
I sighed and put more wood on the fire, and Reyna got out of the tent and smiled at me. "Hey." She whispered.
"Can't sleep?" I asked.
"Nope." Reyna responded and sighed. "What have you been doing?" She asked.
I told her about my nightmares and then how I had walked away and thought about everything, prayed to Artemis, and put more wood onto the fire.
Reyna nodded. "After this war, we figure out everything." She said firmly and I nodded my head.
As the sun rose in the sky I heard grass crunching under someone's feet.
Jackie walked around the corner, holding her helmet and her armor on. She smiled.
"The army has made it." She said and I nodded.
"Wake up everyone." I told Reyna and walked off to speak to Jackie. "Did Ziana come?" I asked and she sighed.
"She was gone when we left. I don't know where she went." Jackie said and I rubbed my hands on my face and sighed.
"Okay. The army in position?" I asked and she nodded.
"Yes." She smiled and i stood up. Jason, Reyna, Carter, Sadie, Walt, Leo , and Zia walked towards us.
"Zia, Carter, and Reyna come with me. Leo, Jason, Sadie, and Walt follow Jackie to where the army is staying. We go in and when they surround us is when you attack. We trap them in and win." I said and everyone nodded.
"Walt and Zia can't leave our side. It's either we all go with you or we all don't." Sadie said and I sighed.
"Fine, Zia and carter go with the rest. Reyna come with me." I said and they nodded. They started off on their trail and I started on mine.
"When we get there, I want you to stay behind and wait. If they over take me then you come in. When the fighting starts we fight side by side." I told Reyna and she nodded.
Hours of walking later and we approached the entrance of the base. Reyna sat behind a tree and pulled me down.
"Don't die. We need you." She said and kissed my cheek. I huggged her and walked through the gates.
As soon as I walked through the gates someone screamed something. I pounced onto the monster and turned him to dust with one punch.
I walked through and pulled out riptide, slashing through monsters like it was my profession. Well I guess it is my profession.
Then Gaea laughed and the earth shook.
Tartarus, Gaea, Poseidon, and Zeus approached me. Monsters all around.
"Hello son." She said and I spat on the floor.
"Don't call me that. Either of you." I glared at her and Poseidon. Poseidon laughed and Zeus glared at me.
"Boy, I don't know why we don't just kill you. Gaea wants you for something, that I don't know." Poseidon said and Zeus laughed.
"You can't kill me. Your lucky I had mercy on your pitiful souls." I said to Poseidon and Zeus.
"Enough." Gaea said and the brothers stepped down.
"If we can't make you come willingly, maybe she can." Gaea smiled and Ziana walked up.
I stepped backwards and Gaea smirked.
"Percy, I really love you. Spending all the time with you, you really showed me what a good person you are. Just come with me and everything will be fine. We can be together forever and rule the world." She said and I almost agreed.
"Charmspeak." I grunted. "You're a liar. Everything was a lie. You never loved me." I spat and a tear fell from her eye.
"Percy, you have to believe me and trust me. Gaea came to me. She saved me. And all I had to do was fall in love with the best man in the world." Ziana said and stepped forward.
I took a step back and gripped riptide harder.
"Get away from me or I'll kill you. No mercy." I said and she sighed, tears falling from her eyes. She turned around and stepped behind Gaea and the others.
"FOR ALL MY FALLEN WARRIORS!" I screamed and slashed my sword at Zeus, who flew backwards into a tree. Poseidon threw his trident at me and I grabbed it and stabbed his thigh. He screamed and I kicked his chest. I pulled it out and spun around fast enough to hit Tartarus's arm with it. He screamed and I kicked him in the stomach. Arrows started to rain down onto the monsters and they screamed.
Then Gaea kicked me in the chest. I hit a tree and slumped over , groaning. When I looked up Zeus was charging me and swung his sword. I ducked under it and the tree was chopped in half. I looked over and saw jason and Leo flying around shooting fireballs and lightning into crowds of monsters, who fled away.
I blocked Zeus's strike with riptide and slashed at his legs. He was swept under his feet and I stomped on his face, knocking him out. Poseidon charged me and tackled me into the ground. I grunted and held up my hands as he punched me harder and harder each time. I punched back and he flew away, supprised at the power. Tartarus tackled me and I could feel spikes going into my chest. I screamed and threw him off of me. But I didn't let him go. I ran at him and kicked him in the face. I punched his face harder and harder and he fell to his knees. I took out riptide and swung at his neck. He put up his arm, and it sliced cleanly through and left a huge dent in his neck.
He fell onto the dirt and blood seeped out his neck and onto the floor.
Gaea laughed and Poseidon tackled me. He threw me up into the air and I saw our army fighting monsters. Demigods bodies lay on the floor, and golden dust was thick. It looked like we were winning that battle.
I smashed onto the dirt and groaned. I spat onto the floor and blood was dripping down my chin. My clothes were tattered and riptide had blood all over it. Zeus and Poseidon surrounded me and I swung my sword at them. Poseidon blocked it and I kicked him in the chest. He flew backwards towards a tree, but Zeus's master bolt crashed into me and I slammed into a tree. He towered over me and kicked and punched me. I grunted and tried to hold my hands up, but he kicked them and they feel to my sides. My breathing was heavy and he raised the master bolt up. He laughed.
"I've always hated you. I'll kill you, and then I'll kill Gaea, and rule again." He smiled and an arrow came out through his forehead, two more coming out of his eyes. His body made a loud thump as it hit the ground and someone snickered.
"I've always hated him." The person said.