Bad Day

(Age 14/15)

Bullshit. That would be the word to describe Mike Wheeler's day. It was 2:35pm at school, and a number of things had happened: A surprise test that Mike didn't do good on, forgetting his homework on his desk at home and having nothing to hand in, breaking a spark-plug in the AV room, not being able to talk to El at lunch because he misplaced his supercom...

The day was almost over and only thing Mike wanted to do was go home. He stared at the clock as it continued to tick, until finally the bell rang. He darted out of his class, not even bothering to wait for Will, Dustin, Lucas and Max at their usual meeting spot.

Mike went to the bike rack to get his bike, then began walking it to the back of school. He stopped abruptly when he heard a familier voice laughing. "Hey Frogface!"

Mike sighed and looked at Troy who was standing with another boy by the fence. "What do you want, Troy...?

Troy walked over to him, a sly smile on his face. He ignored Mike's question and asked, "Where's that weird girl?"

"One, she has a name. Two, she isn't weird. Three, she is my girlfriend and i ain't telling you." Mike said coldly.

"Oh so you're dating the weirdo, huh? How much did you pay her?"

Mike clenched his jaw, "I didn't pay her to date me. But that's probably something a desperate bitch like you would do."

"What did you say?" Troy said coldly.

"Are you deaf? I said you would probably pay a girl to date you!" Mike said coldly.

That's when Troy threw his first punch. His fist hit Mike's jaw, making him step backwards. Mike's blood boiled and he stepped forward, and punched Troy's shoulder, then cheek. Troy stumbled back, dazed. He shoved Mike onto the concrete, and began punching him. Mike evenually managed to push Troy off him. Mike had bruises forming on his jaw, shoulder and cheek. Mike gave another punch that hit Troy's nose. He yelled and stepped back, his hands holding his nose. Blood dripped from Troy's hands as he ran down the sidewalk and dark droplets stained the concrete. The other boy started running after Troy.

Mike leaned against the fence, and caught his breath. Then he began riding his bike home. His blood boiled and he gripped the handlebars hard. 15 minutes later he reached his house and went inside; slamming the door behind him.

"Mike?" El's voice asked softly from the basement.

"What?" Mike said coldly as he threw his bag down and went downstairs.

El gasped when she saw the bruises forming on his face. "Mike, what happened?!" She got up and ran over to him, and gently ran her thumb across his cheekbone.

"L-leave me alone EL..." Mike said coldly as he walked past her and sat down at his desk; his elbows on the desk and his head in his hands.

El frowned and hugged him from behind. "Mike, talk to me..."

"El, go away and leave me alone!" He said angrily as he pushed her arms off of him.

Her eyes widened but she decided to try again. "P-please M-Mike..." She whispered in his ear but her voice wavered slightly, her hands resting on his shoulders again. She had never seen him this mad before.

Mike clenched his jaw and mumbled. "This day has been horrible..." He began listing the events that had happened.

El calmed down a bit and frowned then brought him to the couch and sat with him. "Who hurt you?" She ran her fingers across the bruise on his cheek, causing Mike to shudder from her touch.

"No one El... I just fell..." He replied coldly.

"Friends dont lie." She said flatly, as she put one of her legs over his legs, moving closer to him.

Mike whispered, "Troy."

El's eyes glowed dangerously. "I'm going to kill him. I will break both of his arms.... And his nose..." She said coldly. She looked deadly.

"E-El... I already did half of that... I broke his nose...." Mike tried to smile, but it was clear that he was in pain. Anger for Troy and all the other things that had happened still swarmed through him.

Her eyes were still cold, but she nodded and said, "Stay here..." She ran upstairs and returned a minute later with a cloth and an icepack.

She began wiping the dirt off his face, making Mike wince. "Im sorry, im sorry!"

"I-It's okay..." Mike said under his breath, his jaw still clenched.

She continued to wipe the dirt off his face, then she placed the icepack on the bruise on his cheek. He shut his eyes and winced, biting his lip.

"Im sorry... Im done now..." El whispered, then saw the faint bruise forming on his jaw. She pressed her lip against it and Mike shivered. El continued to kiss his jaw and neck and he closed his eyes.

"El..." He whispered, as he relaxed a little bit. He moved his arm to pull her up, but stopped and winced.

She looked up at him, slightly alarmed. "Whats wrong...? Did i do something...?"

"No! You didn't do anything wrong... my arm just hurts a bit, that's all..." He said quietly.

"I am going to kill that Mouthbreather..." El said under her breath.

She frowned and stood up and began walking behind the couch. Mike gave her a confused look, and shivered when she placed her cool fingertips on his neck. She slowly began massaging his shoulder and he gasped. He closed his eyes and relaxed his shoulders a bit.

"I don't really know what I'm doing..." El confessed.

"I-It's okay El... T-that feels really nice..." Mike said softly as he put the icepack down. The anger in him was slowly starting to fade.

El smiled slightly and continued. She pressed a soft kiss against his neck as she slowly moved her hands a bit lower. For the first time that day, Mike smiled.

She continued to massage his shoulders and he winced from time to time when her fingers rubbed a sore spot. He began feeling better about his day and the fight; but soon felt guilty for getting mad at El when he first came home.

"E-El...?"

"Mhm..?" She rested her cool fingers on his neck.

"I-im sorry for getting mad at you when i got home. I had a bad day... I didn't mean tto take my anger out o-on you..."

"I understand." She whispered in his ear as she hugged him from behind.

"A-are you sure..? I feel really bad El..." He said.

"Don't feel bad, I said it's okay. I'm not mad."

Mike smiled a bit and took her hand, and brought her forward she was standing infront of him. He opened his arms to her and El quickly closed the space between them. Mike had missed El the entire day and all that he needed was to hug her. She always made him feel better.

He rested his forehead on her shoulder and she ran her fingers through his hair a few times. He smiled and pressed a kiss against her shoulder.

El pulled away slightly and layed down on the couch, opening her arms to him. He layed down next to her as they wrapped their arms around each other. She quickly kissed the bruise on his cheek then whispered, "I'm glad you're okay..."

Mike smiled a bit and closed his eyes. "Me too.. again, I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, I promise. By the way, I'm going to kill Troy when I see him, because no one hurts my boyfriend."

Well, this was cute. I liked how El was acting protective in this... and I kinda liked the part when Mike got mad at her and El didnt give up trying to talk to him. Long story short: I liked this chapter.

~♡YOU CAN REQUEST CHAPTER IDEAS IF YOU WANT, JUST DM ME♡~