Daydreams •Part 2•

A continuation of the previous oneshot

El gasped as she felt Mike's lips hit hers, the feeling overwhelmingly good. Her arms slowly wrapped around his neck, not questioning what he was doing, only thinking about how good his lips felt against hers. Fireworks went off in her heart and a sparkly feeling filled her stomach. It instantly faded as Mike pulled back from her.

Mike's forehead gently rested against hers, his breathing slightly heavy. His eyes were closed and his hands remained on her waist, lost in the moment of the kiss and how good it felt to finally kiss her again. El longed for his lips on hers again, this moment bringing back memories of the cafeteria and the Snow Ball.

Mike finally snapped out of the moment, realizing what he did. "Shit El! I didn't mean to. I-I wasn't thinking." He pulled away from her and ran his fingers through his hair, his cheeks bright red. In his mind, all he could think about was how badly he had messed up with his crush.

"Friends don't lie."

"What?" Mike asked, turning back to El who was slightly fazed by the kiss.

"You said you didn't mean to." El replied simply. "Friends don't lie. I liked it. It felt nice."

Damn, El could see through this boy like glass.

"Wait. You liked it?" He asked in slight disbelief.

She nodded, a small smile forming on her lips. "It felt nice. But... why?"

"You mean, why did I kiss you?"

She nodded again, "You gave me a kiss at the school. And at the Snowball. Then now. But why?" El really was still innocent. She didn't fully understand why he had kissed her those times or why she had liked it so much or why she felt so happy and sparkly when she was with him.

"Um," Mike didn't know how to tell her. He liked her, a lot; heck, he loved her. But how was he supposed to tell her that? "Okay El come here." He sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to him.

She slowly made her way over to him and sat next to him. Her soft, chocolate coloured eyes looked at him curiously, wondering why he was taking this moment so seriously.

"El... Um, look. W-When the demogorgon took you at the school years ago, it, uh, hurt me r-really badly." El's eyes immediately landed on the floor, remembering the way Mike had looked at her before she had disappeared. Mike saw the look on her face and quickly tried to correct himself, "I-I just mean... The days you were gone for, it um, hurt me badly for a reason I couldn't figure out. But then, um, after you came home and after the SnowBall, I, um..." He sighed, not knowing exactly how to say these words. Mike looked away as he felt his cheeks turn red.

"Mike," El said softly, gently resting her head on his shoulder. "Breathe."

He couldn't help but smile at her words and took a deep breath, "Okay, so like I was saying... Um, I kissed you right now b-because... because I missed you. There! I said it." Mike turned to face her more, "El, I missed you so badly when you were gone and Hopper barely let's us see each other now and it's so hard and I... I kinda have been daydreaming about being with you and kissing you because I like you." His cheeks went bright red as he realized what he said, "I-"

"You like me?" El asked curiously. "Daydreams?"

"Yeah... I like-like you. After you left... that's why it hurt so much because I like you as more than a friend." Mike didn't know where these words were coming from exactly, but they were the truth and that's what mattered. "You make me really happy and I missed bike riding with you and eating Eggos with you in this basement and just seeing your face. And daydreams... are when you imagine something in your mind. And I um, have kind of imagined being with you." His cheeks turned a bright shade of red as he looked away.

She went silent for a minute, her mind tangled in thought. "I like you too."

"W-what?" Mike asked in disbelief.

"You make me happy. I missed the bike rides and Eggos. I get sparkly and I feel this fluttery feeling here." She presses her hand against her stomach, a smile on her face. "I like you."

"As a more-than-friend?"

El looked at him curiously but nodded, "Yes but... what do you mean "more-than-friends"?"

Mike sighed and slowly intertwined his fingers with hers, "That sparkly feeling you get is called butterflies, first of all. And you usually get them because you like-like someone or want to be with them as a more-than-friend. I don't k-know how to explain this but... When you are special friends with someone, you care about them more and you love being with them and they just... change everything."

She went silent for a moment before whispering, "Can we be special friends?"

"Okay "special friends" isn't the best word... but it's actually called dating. A-a-And if you wanted to be special friends w-with uh, me, we would be dating."

"If we date, can we do this?" El gently pressed a kiss against his lips, making Mike's cheeks go red again and a grin form on his lips.

"Yeah El, we can do that all we want."

El smiled, "I want to date you."

"O-okay, we can date. So, I would be your boyfriend, and you would be my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Boyfriend?" El asked.

"It's what we both are to each other when we date. It's kind of another word for more-than-friend." Mike explained, earning a nod from her. "When you're more-than-friends, you are dating, or boyfriend and girlfriend.

Mike couldn't believe this moment; he was dating the girl he loved and had missed so badly. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his arms, gently placing a kiss on her head. She smiled and nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck, her heart pounding rapidly in her chest.

"El?"

"Yes Mike?"

"Never leave again, okay. Even if it's to save the world or just for any reason; just don't leave me again." Mike whispered, holding her close and his eyes fell closed.

"I won't." She replied simply, a smile on her lips.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Mike was finally with El and El was finally home, with Mike. Neither of them could be happier at the moment. He held her close in his arms and a part of him realized that his daydreams had really come true after all.

Okay I really liked this cause in my opinion, it seemed like a realistic way they would start dating. Like where Mike had to explain everything to El and she just being open about her thoughts and Mike blushing and messing up things and all that. This was cute

Don't forget to press the star button on your way out