I Need You

(The lyrics from "This Town" by: Niall Horan are changed a little bit so it matches Mike and El more)
Age 13
~Mike~

It had been 8 months or 243 days since El had disappeared. Mike was still depressed; well why wouldn't he be, he had lost the girl he... loved.

He sat in the blanket fort, a pillow pressed against his chest. His birthday had passed and he was now 13. When he blew out the candles, he had wished for El to come back to him.

Tears ran down his face and his chest racked with sobs as he buried his face into the already tear-stained pillow.

'Waking up to see you but nobody's there.'

He missed coming into the basement every morning with a plate of eggos and seeing her warm smile each time.

'The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air. Its hard.'

Mike missed the sweet, waffle smell that always followed her. Everything was hard without her. He layed down in the fort, the pillows and blankets that El had used wrapped around him, inhaling the sweet scent that faintly lingered on them.

'Yesterday i thought i saw your shadow running around'

El was always in his mind. She never left his thoughts or dreams.

'Its funny how things never change in this old town'

El's disappearance changed everything so quickly. Everyone, but Mike especially, was affected by her going missing.

As he layed down in the fort, the memories of them riding his bike around together flashed in his mind, making him cry harder. He remembered El's arms around his waist and her head resting on his back. He remembered the warm feelings he had when she was close to him.

'And i want to tell you everything, the words i never got to say the first time around'

There were so many things Mike should have said that night in the cafeteria.

Mike cried into the pillow and thought about the night she disappeared. Not saying anything more to her was the second biggest mistake Mike had made that night; the first mistake was not protecting her when she needed him the most. He could have kept her safe; she would still be with him right now.

'And i remember everything from when we were the children playing in this fairground.'

The bike rides. The movies. The Eggo breakfasts. Sneaking into the school. Trying to find Will. Mike remembered everything they had done together. The memories were as vivid as if the events had happened yesterday.

'Wish i was there with you.'

Jeez, Mike would kill to be with her. He would die to save her. He would do whatever he had to do to bring her back to him, or to at least know if she was still out there or not.

'If the whole world was watching i'd still dance with you.'

The Snow Ball. Mike had promised he would take her, or at least dance with her once. He had promised her a lot of things; he was hoping he could fulfill those promises one day.

'Drive highways and byways to be there with you.'

If Mike had to go to the Upside Down just to find her, he would. He would sacrafice anything for the girl who changed him and unintentionally played with his heart.

Tears stained his face and he hugged the pillow tightly. "W-why didnt i s-s-save her?! I'm so stupid!"

'Over and over the only truth. Everything comes back to you.'