Starlight Date

(Age 14/15 idk)

~~Mike and El have kissed a few times, but they aren't dating, haven't been out on a date and haven't said "I love you" yet~~

"Mike, what is a date?" El asked suddenly. They were both sitting in the basement watching Star Wars when she had asked.

"W-what?" Mike asked, surprised and he turned to face her.

"What is a date?" She asked, calmly.

"H-how did you hear about dates? Where did you learn that word from?"

"Nancy." El replied flatly. "I heard her talking to Jonathan about a date they were going on and-"

"Okay, okay! I don't want to hear more about my sister's love life." Mike said and smiled a little.

"But, what is a date, Mike? Can't you just tell me?"

Mike sighed and nodded. El turned to face him. "W-well... a date is something that 2 people who like each other go on."

"Like friends?"

"No. I mean... 2 people who like-like or um, love each other. Sometimes they go out to restaurants or go out to other places to spend time together... They, uh, holds hands and talk or... k-kiss sometimes... Does that make sense?" Mike said, his cheeks turning red.

El nodded. "That sounds like fun," Her eyes lit up. "Can we go on a date?"

Mike coughed and blushed hard. "W-what, you wanna go out on a date with me?"

El nodded again and smiled. "We have already kissed." She reminded him, causing him to blush harder. "So I want to go on a date with you now."

Mike grinned and held her hand. "Sure, we can go on a date... do you want to go o-out tonight?

"Yes."  She rested her head on his shoulder, holding his hand. He ran his thumb across the back on her hand; he couldn't stop smiling at the thought of going on an actual date with the girl he... loved?

A little while later

~El~

"Nancy!" El called while knocking on her bedroom door.

"Just a minute El!" She replied and opened the door a minute later. "Hey, what's up?

"Um, can I come in?"

Nancy nodded and closed the door behind El. "Is everything okay, El? Did Mike do something to you?" Her eyes turned cold.

"No! No. Everything is fine. It's just Mike and I are going o-on a date later and I don't know know what to wear."

"Wait a minute. You're going on a date, with my brother, tonight?!" Nancy asked, a slightly shocked and surprised look on her face. (Sister shook 😂 sorry, continue reading)

El nodded shyly and looked down, her cheeks turning red. "C-can you help me, please?"

"Of course El. You're like my little sister, I'll help you." Nancy said with a smile. She sat down next to El on her bed.

"Thank you Nancy." El said quietly as she hugged Nancy.

"No problem El." She hugged back, then pulled away. "Okay, now lets make you look drop-dead gorgeous."

~Mike~

Mike had basically ripped his closet apart looking for something to wear on the date. He sighed and sat on his bed, looking at the clothes scattered across the bedroom floor. He suddenly had an idea and grabbed the phone and called Steve Harrington. Ever since Steve had helped Mike and the others with the demodogs and the tunnels, Steve had became the go-to guy for the kids.