Drunk

(Age 16)
Thx for the idea nikixhaynes

"Did you guys hear about that party at Beverly Denbrough's house tonight?" Lucas asked excitedly as he approached the rest of the party in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, it's supposed to be totally tubular!" Dustin replied.

"Oh will you shut up with the "totally tubular" shit," Max groaned as she stabbed a slice of cake with her fork, "Its been overused... by you!" She pointed at Dustin with her fork.

Dustin placed his hand over his heart, "I am offended, well since I guess-"

"Anyways," Mike interupted, "What about this party?"

"Do you guys want to go?"

Dustin nodded as Max said, "If there's free booze, I'll go."

Will hesitated but nodded, "El? Mike?"

"Um, I don't know," El said softly as her eyes darted around the cafeteria, "I haven't been to a party before..."

"Oh, come on El! Live a little!" Max exclaimed.

"El, you dont have to if you don't want to," Mike took her hand, "I won't go either."

"El come on!"

"Love, you don't have to."

"El-"

"El-"

"Okay, okay I'll go!" El said and looked at Mike, "as long as you stay with me at the party and don't get too drunk."

Mike nodded and kissed her cheek, "I won't leave you and i'll try my best not to."

"Okay, then it's settled," Lucas said, "We'll meet at Mirkwood and go to the party from there and get wasted!"

Later that day...

"El, are you ready to go?" Mike called from the kitchen where he was waiting.

"Um, just a minute Mike!" El replied nervously. A few minutes later she came down the stairs.

"Love, we should ge- holy shit." Mike turned around and forget what he was saying when he saw her. She was wearing a turquoise dress with black flats. Her hair rested in messy curls around her face.

"H-how do i look?" El asked nervously as she tried to pull down the skirt of the dress. It was obvious Max had "suggested" for her to wear it.

"You look beautiful." He walked over to her and took her hand and kissed it gently, making her giggle.

"You're an idiot, Mike Wheeler..." El wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

"And you're beautiful, El Wheeler - i mean Hopper."

El rolled her eyes and took his hand, "We should get going, Mike."

He nodded and opened the door for her, "After you, princess."

At the party...

"El, don't take any drinks anyone gives you cause someone might have spiked it with a drug," Mike instructed as the party walked towards the house, "Either I or one of us will stay with you the entire time, okay. And most importantly, have fun."

El nodded and walked inside, hand in hand with Mike. Music blared out of the speakers and people and drinks were everywhere. After greeting a few people the party knew, everyone headed to the kitchen and got drinks.

After 2 drinks, Mike was already feeling tipsy. El only drank a bit since she mostly despised the bitter taste of alcohol. She and Mike danced together along with the rest of the party in the crowed room with drinks in hand, but somewhere during the fun, Mike and the boys disappeared while El and Max sat together near the in the kitchen, too smart to get drunk.