Rewrite the Stars •Part 2•

Continuation of Part 1

AN: THIS IS AN EXTREME VERSION OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF HOPPER DIDN'T APPROVE OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP. REMEMBER THIS PLEASE

"Mike?" El mumbled sleepily as she woke up from her nap.

Mike had brought her back to his house and they had decided to take a nap together, mainly to help calm down El's racing mind.

She buried her face in shoulder as he woke up and rubbed her back gently, "You okay, El?" He mumbled as he woke up from his nap.

El nodded,her dark curls moving around her face. "Was it a dream?"

Mike sighed and shook his head, instantly understanding what she was asking, "No it was real. Sorry El." He intertwined their fingers and kissed her lips gently, just enough to comfort her.

She sighed contently as he kissed her, her worry fading for a brief moment as his lips touched hers. A little wave of comfort washed over her as she met his warm eyes and sweet smile. El loved him more than ever; even being away from him for a day made her heart ache.

El and Mike went 353 days without seeing each other.  But now, even being away from each other for a day was enough to give them heartache.

"I'm scared Mike." El admitted softly, getting lost in his dark eyes as she spoke her fear. "What if he comes here and tries to bring me home? What if he doesn't let me hang out with everyone?" She managed to look away from his eyes, "What if he doesn't let me see you again?"

"Stop El." Mike interrupted, taking her hands in his again. "Stop thinking for a minute. I know you're smart, but for a minute, don't think about that."

El took about shakey breath and closed her eyes, letting her frantic mind calm down for a moment. She nodded slightly, letting Mike know she was okay now and that her panic had subsided.

Mike pulled her into a gentle hug, presses a quick kiss against her cheek. El couldn't help but smile and hug back, his warmth welcoming and comforting.

"Can I ask you something, El?" Mike said softly, earning a nod in response. He continued, "When you said that you, um, loved me, did you mean it? I mean, I'm just asking."

She looked at him and tilted her head slightly, "Of course I mean it. Why wouldn't I? Friends don't lie."

Mike barely managed to resist a smile, "Its just- nothing, forget it. I wanted to make sure you did, because I love you too."

"You love me?"

Mike nodded and said, "It took me a while to realize it, but yeah, I do."

El smiled softly and pressed a gentle kiss against his lips. She pulled away a few seconds later; Mike could kiss her for eternity and still love doing it. He loved that girl to death, and though he probably wouldn't admit it, he was whipped.

"Mike! El!" Nancy called from the hallway.

Mike sighed and replied, "In my room, Nancy!"

Nancy opened the door a few seconds later with the phone in her hand, "Its for you and El. Um, good luck." She placed the phone on the bed before walking out of the bedroom, closing  the door behind her. 

Mike pressed the phone against his ear, "Hello?"

"Where is she, kid?" Hopper asked coldly.

"Hop, calm down," Joyce chided in the background. "She's probably at Mike's house. And be nice, you did call her "an experiment", remember?"

"I didn't- oh never mind." Hopper said to Mike, "Bring her to Joyce's place right now, I just want to talk."

Mike took a deep breath, "She's upset and mad at you. I don't know if that's a good idea," His confidence started to waver "because I-I don't want you to yell at her... Chief Hopper, sir."