The Birthday Present

Thanks SnowMione17 for the idea

So, this chapter will contain bits and pieces of some of the previous oneshots.

(Age 16)

"El, stop!" Mike whined as El threaded her fingers through her boyfriend's dark hair.

"I know you like it, so stop complaining," El giggled. They both laid on Mike's bed together; his arms wrapped around her waist and his head rested on her collarbone and chest, listening to her heartbeat.

"Mike?" Nancy called from downstairs.

"Yeah Nancy?" Mike shouted back before burying his face in El's neck.

Nancy walked upstairs and opened the bedroom door, smiling slightly when she saw Mike and El together. "Mom is asking what kind of cake you want for your party."

"Party?" El asked, slightly confused.

"Uh yeah. A birthday party. My birthday is in a few days." Mike said, sitting up.

"Mike, you didn't tell me! I need to get you a present," El frowned at Mike.

"It's not that big of a deal, El," Mike brushed one of El's curls back. "And you don't need to get me a gift."

"Yes I do!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes Mike."

"No-"

"Okay that's enough," Nancy rolled her eyes, "It's cute, but that's enough." She turned to Mike, "What kind of cake?

"Just get red velvet or something, I don't care," Mike muttered, his cheeks a light shade of red.

Nancy nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Mike laid down on his bed again and closed his eyes.

El laid down on her stomach and propped herself on her elbows, "Mike, what gift should I get you?"

Mike opened his eyes to look at her, "Being able to see you everyday and being able to say that you're my girlfriend is probably the best gift I could ask for."

El's cheeks turned red as she leaned down and kissed him. Their lips lingered for a moment as she mumbled, "That's really sweet Mike, but I'm still getting you a present.

"El, you don't need t-"

"Hopper told me that there's a difference between "need" and "want"," El said. ""Need" means you have to do it. "Want" means you have the option to do it or not. Mike, I want to get you a present."

Mike sighed, "Fine, that makes sense."

She grinned happily and laid down next to him, "This is going to be the best present ever!"

Later that day...

"I don't know what gift I should get him!" El complained as she talked to Steve Harrington on the phone. "What do boys like?"

Steve stiffled a laugh, "Well, you can get him one of those playboy magazines from Bradley's Big Buy, I'm sure he would like th-"

"Okay that's enough," Hopper grabbed the phone out of her hand. "El, cover your ears."

As she covered her ears, Hopper said some very colourful words to Steve including "corrupting a kid", "playboy", a "trashmouth"and many other words that shouldn't be written before hanging up.