Chapter 10

Ten

The smell of olive all over the car as Dae Hyun helped himself to sit at the passenger seat. Jin Ae wearing a boxy denim long sleeve shirt tacked in to a blue skinny jeans and an ankle boot. He is still wearing the white long sleeve polo he wore from last night's event but only rugged this time.

After Jin Ae ignited her car, she looked at Dae Hyun and couldn't resist taking a peek on what she saw a while ago. She clears her throat and asked him "So, same house?". Jin Ae knows where Dae Hyun's house as she remembers the day when she confronted him early in the morning days ago. Dae Hyun took a deep breath as he remember the first day they met up close, "Yup" he answered. He's also quite shy of their situation now. A girl shouldn't be driving beside a man. So as soon as Jin Ae started the car, "Can we switch?" he asked.

"Why? Feeling uncomfortable, a lady is driving you home? Pride hurt?" Jin Ae joked. Dae Hyun took a deep breath once again instead of answering. He looked away from her and just stare at the car window. 

Silence. Silence is all they have while driving Dae Hyun to his house. Jin Ae couldn't think of a topic to talk about. She wants to kill the awkwardness but doesn't know how and when to start. Same as to Dae Hyun. They both know that whoever talks first will gain the lifetime shame of their lives. But Jin Ae doesn't care anymore. She turned on the radio.

"Any favorites?" Jin Ae asked after switching on the radio. Dae Hyun didn't quite expect Jin Ae will ask as he is busy observing the view on his window side and avoiding the chance to talk first. He turned over to Jin Ae to answer her "I don't like music that much". Jin Ae offended by him and immediately turned the radio off "Sorry". But Dae Hyun noticed that she offended Jin Ae, "No, no.. I mean I have no favorites. So...... every music is just music for me. No difference". Jin Ae just bit her lip upon knowing her first information about Dae Hyun's character.

Another dead air. Silence is killing them, plus the traffic.

This time, it's Dae Hyun's turn.

"So, do you often open your door to someone without clothes on?" Dae Hyun just curious, "How many guys have seen you like that?" he added. Jin Ae couldn't believe what she just heard from him. It's absurd and he caught her speechless. "Just what I thought" Dae Hyun assumed that her answer would be yes. She walks around her unit naked and doesn't care at all. Ha! That's your women right there Dae Hyun. Liberated and free. Way to go on asking your father to marry her. Good job!

"I'm sorry but if I remembered it right I wasn't wearing nothing when I opened the door. It's actually your fault to keep me occupied while taking my bath." Jin Ae fights back. Her hands on the wheel cold and tensed wanted to slap Dae Hyun's face to make him remember to be a little sensitive at least. "I covered myself with a towel for your information or are you occupied as well on not noticing it?". Right on your nuts you arrogant bastard.

""Yes, I was too occupied on how am I getting home as I'm penny-less because of a woman who gets drunk but couldn't even take care of herself to go home" Dae Hyun said while looking straight to Jin Ae. He's pissed of the idea that it might've been someone else who could take her home. Oh god knows someone might take advantage of her.

"Is there something wrong on you taking me home which I didn't even asked you to do? The hell you care?"

"Yes I don't care. I don't care at all while all the guys there looking at you like a hyena undressing you with their eyes popping.." Dae Hyun said looking straight at Jin Ae. She's breathing fast as she doesn't know what is he trying to prove in this conversation.

She stopped the car.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Jin Ae confronting him. Her heart racing. She wanted to slap him so badly. Dae Hyun saw her knuckles almost ready to throw a job. Dae Hyun then realized he's going overboard but he doesn't know why he'd said that. He looked down and cleared his throat and said "Male instincts".