Chapter 28

Twenty Eight 

For Kyung Mi, the hallway seems to swallow all the oxygen when Dae Hyun opened the door finding her and Joo Hyun outside. But it's not the sight of Dae Hyun almost making her to collapse. It's the sight at the back of Dae Hyun. Jin Ae lying her back on the bed, unconscious. Bandage around her head and a tube going through her mouth. She also has a cast on her left arm pretty much similar to her right arm. 

It is actually the first time to see her twin's face. She's had imagination of what she'd look like in this lifetime. But she never dreamt of seeing her like this. It shattered her. 

She lost her footings when she saw Jin Ae and good thing Joo Hyun was there to support her.

"C'mon Kyung Mi. Let's go back to your room."Joo Hyun said pulling up her weight,

"No. No.. Let me see her." She struggles from Joo Hyun but suprisingly, Dae Hyun let her in.

The tears began to fall when she got near Jin Ae's bed, "Oh no...."

"She got hit by a car" Dae Hyun said coming from her behind.

"Oh my god.." Kyung Mi coulnd't control her tears. She leaned back to Joo Hyun and cried on his shirt. Joo Hyun being the ever gentleman, squeezed her left shoulder to somewhat give her comfort.

Dae Hyun cleared his throat, "Do you know her?"

That question caught Kyung Mi off guard. "Uhmm.. We were best friends back in...." And she went blank. Thanks to Joo Hyun who butts in, "Since, high school."

"I see. Well thanks for coming by. Means a lot." Dae Hyun rubbed his nape showing signs of fatigue and stress.

When Kyung Mi went back to her bed, she immediately made Joo Hyun go back to Camila and told him not to say anything about her secret and most especially, Jin Ae. She also asked him to make her stay inside her room as much as possible.

She became so desperate to let Camila know so she could heal her. From what Dae Hyun said to her, Jin Ae is not in a good condition. She has broken ribs and A crack on her skull that made her brain swell. The swelling brain might be the crucial part. It can take her life away anytime now.

Kyung Mi suddenly became restless. The thought of Josefin dead, crushing every cell of her body and soul. She's torn whether to ask Camila for help but that would also mean screwing their plans. Yes, Camila can save her but that can also put her to risk. She can't let Camila know about Josefin. They still don't know if the shade is really working on her. Josefin's 26th birthday will be in a month and she might not reach that day given her condition now. You have to choose.

A knock startled her causing her to move her right injured arm involuntarily, Ouch! 

Joo Hyun went inside with a backpack hanging on his shoulder.

"Hi, stranger." He waved to Kyung Mi.

"What are you doing here?" Kyung Mi suddenly felt uncomfortable. She thinks that Joo Hyun didn't have to take the responsibility to look over for them.

"Grabbed my things so I can stay here." Joo Hyun answered putting his bag on the bed. He's simply showing Kyung Mi his purpose and that's to guard her but he's not done yet with his interrogation about Kyung Mi being a Kalachakra. He still has thousands of questions. He's eager to know everything, knowing that Kyung Mi can provide her informations that can solve his girlfriend's death mystery. Joo Hyun's not yet positive that her girlfriend is the same kind as Kyung Mi's. He wonders if there are many of them out there and if that's the case, he's not leaving.