Chapter 24

Twenty Four

The world felt it stopped for Kyung Mi inside Joo Hyun's arms. It took awhile for her to get back to the real world. The next thing she knows is that Joo Hyun is shaking as if she'd gone to neverland.

"Kyung Mi. You all right?"

"Yeah, I'm good. What happened?"

"There's this strange man about to stab you at the back. Good thing I saw him first"

"Stab?"

"Yes. He has a knife on his hand."

Kyung Mi turns around, "Where is Camila?".

"I think she's chasing him now. Hey are you okay?"

"Never, better" she lets out a fake smile. How can she be okay when her life was almost snatched from her by the evil eruo.

"C'mon. Let's go back." Joo Hyun grabs her by shoulders and whistled for Cola.

When they got back to the clinic, it was left open by Camila but good thing no customers had arrived. It's the least thing Kyung Mi wants to deal with right now. Joo Hyun hurriedly went inside straight to the pantry to grab a glass of water and gave it to Kyung Mi.

"Thanks" As Kyung Mi gulps her way from thirsty-ness, she's sitting at the reception area where the customers usually sits as they wait for their number to be called. Joo Hyun joins her at the sofa.

"What happened out there?" Joo Hyun didn't let the moment pass. Kyung Mi in the other hand bites her lower lip as she thinks of an alibi.

"I don't now either. Maybe he's just some pyscho or something." She drinks again. Joo Hyun called Cola and let him sit between his legs. As he rubs Cola's head, "Hye Jin died because of stab wound on her back. She ran out of blood right before we arrived at the hospital." Kyung Mi almost choked the water out from her mouth. Shit. "How did it exactly happened?" she asked.

Joo Hyun shakes her head and arched his lips down. "Just exactly what happened a while ago. We were at the park but that time we were sitting on the grass for a picnic. I just grabbed some sandwhich from the basket behind me and then when I turned back at her, she's already on the ground with all the blood on her back. Then I saw a strange man running away from us with a knife in his hand."

Oh my god. She was a kalachakra!

"I'm so sorry to hear that Joo Hyun. Are you okay?" Kyung Mi reached out for his hand thinking this could be the best way she can give to comfort him. She rubs his wrist and said sorry once again.

Joo Hyun faced Kyung Mi and smiled, "But it's fine. That promise she gave me when we were in the ambulance, it's something I'm holding to, that's why I'm here still breathing. Alive."

Kyung Mi pats his back, "I'm sure she's out there, looking out for you."

A ring ended their moment. The phone in her pocket vibrated. Kyung Mi hurriedly took it out and checks who's calling. It's Camila.

"Where are....... Camila are you okay?!" Kyung Mi stands up looking worried.

"Where the hell are you? What happened?!" By the tone of her voice, Joo Hyun immediately stands up as well feeling tensed.

"Alright. Wait us there," Kyung Mi didn't wait any longer. As soon as she hangs up, she ran outside without saying a word to Joo Hyun. Joo Hyun follows. Joo Hyun follows Kyung Mi on the woods just beside the park. Kyung Mi halts as soon as they were in the middle and turns around checking for Camila. "Camila!" she shouted. They found Camila lying on the ground with a stab wound on her thigh. The wound was so deep, the blood never stops. Kyung Mi stood still. The sight of blood running from her thigh makes her stomach upside down. "I think I'm gonna be sick." Kyung Mi turns around from Camila and throws up. Joo Hyun on the other hand didn't waste any moment and carries Camila on his arms.