Chapter 18

Eighteen

Monday has come and it's Kyung Mi and Camila's first day at the clinic. Luckily for them, no eruos sightings since they moved in. Kyung Mi didn't waste anytime to call back her twin sister the night before they start working the next day. She pretended to be asleep and right when she heard Camila snoring, she quietly got up and called Josefin.

The phone rings but no one is answering. It took Kyung Mi five tries before a rusky bedroom voice answered the call.

"He...Hello?"

"Hey, sorry I have to wait for her to be asleep. How are you?"

"Joselin?" Kyung Mi heard a squeak probably from Jin Ae's bed when she slowly got up. "It's 3 in the morning. I'm good. Where are you?".

"I'm in Eungamil-dong. We just moved in the other day. Are you still living with your parents?"

"No, no. I'm living alone now here in Seoul" Kyung Mi heard Jin Ae yawning.

"Please don't go back to sleep. We need to talk"

"I'm not going back to sleep. So what went wrong?" Jin Ae answered but half guilty as she was about to fall asleep on her kitchen table.

"I really don't know. It's like whatever that Shaman did to us, didn't work well on me" Kyung Mi went down from their apartment and takes a walk while talking to her sister. The cold is biting but she doesn't mind. She have to report everything has happened to her and Camila.

"Care to elobarate?"

"Ok. Apparently, I just got back my memory of our past lives. It's like it went out on a vacation and just got back. Got me?"

"Again."

"Alright. Do you think I just forgot to stay in touch with you in the last 10 years?"

Jin Ae didn't answer. She's almost asleep.

"Hey! Get up! Talk to me! I don't have much time!"

"Yeah yeah I'm up. Go on. So, you lost all your memory from the past 10 years right? But before that, you're totally okay."

"Exactly. It's weird. Because on our first 15 years, I really thought our plan is working because Camila didn't find us that time. Then after that, I lost everything including you. I lost the memory of you and the shaman thing, everything!. I didn't even recognized Camila. But obviously the shade is still in me 'coz no eruo ever attacked me yet. Camila just accidentally found me across the streets a couple of weeks ago. My shade didn't fade until when I turned 26 which is the normal thing but I wasn't supposed to be normal in this matter!"

"Yeah. I get it. The shaman's spell worked on you but like a flickering bulb, It turned on & off before you reached 26. But I don't get it. I'm totally fine right now. I didn't lost my memory and the shade is obviously working on me. So why just me?"

"Remember the shaman said about not totally taking out the trace? He said he can shade us but it can fade through time. Maybe it faded early on me but it recharged and got back but not totally."

"But why?"

"I have no idea."

Silence.

"Joselin? Where are you now?"

Kyung Mi didn't notice she's almost a hundred feet away from Camila. Jin Ae could hear cars and noise. She can actually tell that Kyung Mi's has reached a market or the streets. Kyung Mi tapped her head for forgetting not to go far from Camila because anytime, an eruo might attack.

"Shoot! I forgot. Damn it. I'll call you again, okay? I have to go back. Bye"

The call ended and just like that Jin Ae fell asleep on her kitchen chair lying her head on the table in no time.