Chapter 17

Seventeen

The next day, Dae Hyun decided to talk things out with Jin Ae. The soccer game made him so. He realized so many things when he played with In Jung that urged him to talk to her. He is more determine to start over but not certain if Jin Ae is in the same page as him.

Dae Hyun

I pulled the drawer and take out my favorite perfume. I sprayed onto my wrist and at the back of my ears. There's nothing special today. Yeah, I mean I'm just gonna talk to Jin Ae like casual and stuff. We're just gonna talk, right? No big deal. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Yeah Dae Hyun who are you convincing? I open my eyes as I put the cuff-links at the end of my sleeves. I am wearing a fleur de lis patterned long sleeves and I topped it with a black cotton coat that has white linings over the collars that extends through my chest. I decided to look presentable and tried to be a little seductive. Maybe this could work though but I'm not sure if she likes this style. I'm like a virgin teenager going out on his first date that wasn't sure if the thing he wears will make a hot or not. When did I start being conscious about myself? This sucks but I don't care. I need to get her back. Not like that I had her before but it's obvious that we started kinda rough and we, well, I took everything in backwards starting with the marriage. What kind of man does that? I'm a loser. Out of all the women I dated, this is the first time I mind about what am I wearing. Damn. 

I picked my phone resting on the side table beside my bed and check if Jin Ae's mother has texted the go signal. I asked her to help me out on meeting Jin Ae without freaking her out and run away, Again. I need her to be calm so we can talk things accordingly. Luckily, her mother is on my side. Though, she kinda freaked out when I told her I called off our marriage but I calmed her down saying I will fix this and that I really like her daughter. I can totally hear her jumping when I said that through the phone last night while driving home from my soccer game with In Jung. I know it's childish and off the track to ask help from the mother of the woman I want to marry but it's all I can think of that can work. Jin Ae is a very hard woman. She's hard as a steel. Well judging from the way she punched my father, I think that explains it all. That's what I like about her. She's a strong woman and I know she's beautiful inside and out. She's just blocking it so no one can notice. Unfortunately for her, I can see all of it, right through her. And her bastard ex obviously didn't see any of it and somehow I'm thankful she's not with him anymore. I can't imagine her with a man who doesn't even appreciate a single thing about her. I don't know what I would do if I meet that man. I won't kill him. Nah, that would only make the revenge process faster. I want him to suffer to the point he's kissing my ass and begging to end his useless life.

A message arrived right after I checked my phone. Her mother finally informed me about our plan.

Jin Ae Omma: Meet her to my coffee branch in Myeongdong. She'll be there at 10am. I told her I need some checking over my documents so she should drop by. Goodluck my boy. Keep me posted. Cheers.

I thanked her and look over myself from the mirror for the nth time. I'm nervous as a wrecking train but this should work. It should really really work. I will tell her everything. No hold bars.

I hop in my car and started to ignition. I pause for a while. I think I'm praying. I never pray. This is the first time. There are lots of first time when I met her.

When I arrived at the coffee shop, it's still empty except for the few staffs who are getting ready for the day. I looked around and decided to sit on the couch upstairs. I looked at my watch and see I am 20 minutes late. Another first time. I was never this late. I tapped my watch and stand up going to the counter to order coffee. I ordered white chocolate mocha. I made it extra large to buy sometime while waiting for her. I went back at the couch looking again at the time. This waiting is killing me. I rested my back on the couch and sit up straight again. Did I tell you I was nervous? Damn it. My palms are beginning to sweat and I can feel the coldness all over my body. It's like I can sense she's already coming. I rested my arm on my lap and intertwined my two hands. I need to relax. Relax Dae Hyun. Relax.