Chapter 16

Sixteen

"Where are you going?" Camila asked Kyung Mi as she was about to leave the house without her.

"I'm going to this veterinary clinic Joo Hyun told me about. He said they are looking for an assistant to assist the vet." Kyung Mi, while she dug up on her bag looking for something.

"And you're applying?" Camila answered. Kyung Mi nodded.

"Alright. Wait for me" Camila went to their room to get her purse. When she got back Kyung Mi, "You're not going with me, aren't you?". Camila let out a loud laugh and came to a halt, "Yeah. Nice try. Let's go".

Kyung Mi

I need this job. Now that it's clear I can't go back to school. It's too risky. That eruos might come back anytime. I'm actually thinking we should leave the house as soon as possible. But before I do that, I need a job and no one can stop me, even Camila. Ha, Try me. There are so many things I've done to reach where I am today. I won't let anything or anyone to go against my goal to live a normal life. I'm sure my twin is doing good. She haven't contacted me ever since we were, what, 15? Obviously, I lost memory when I reached 15. It all went back just a month ago during my 26th birthday. What the hell? That stupid Shaman must've missed something resulting us to be like this. Whatever. I need to get this done. I'm sure this will be a good start. Yay for me.

When we arrive to the veterinary clinic, the place was quite shabby but not bad though. The veterinarian isn't bad himself. He was about in his 40s. A little bit off though, he looked older than his age. Don't get me wrong, I mean his body isn't proportion to his weight like he had a bad flu few days ago but he said he's coping.

"I had this bad flu weeks ago. But I'm catching up. Here, take a seat" he said as he gave me coffee on the reception area of his clinic.

"Are you alone here, sir?" I asked. I wondered actually that he was the one who prepared coffee for us. Doesn't he have a maid or whatever something to help? Duh. That might be the reason he needed an assistant. Stupid of me.

"I used to have an assistant but she needed to study again for college. I have to let her go." He answered then gave us a little touch of his cough. Yikes.

"Are the both of you applying for the position? 'Coz I think having two assistant would be awesome." Oh great. I can hear Camila celebrating now. I rolled my eyes.

"Would that be possible?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, definitely" he answered.

As much as I want Camila here with me, it would be really hard to get away from her. I mean she's the primary reason why me and Josefin chose to be isolated from her, so technically this will beat the purpose of our plan. Sigh, anyways atleast my twin sister out there is far from Camila. Atleast one of us does. We are probably gonna redo our plan on our next lives then. Joo Hyun suddenly came to my mind. The boy is so nice and I can't help but think that he has a thing for me and he definitely made my burdens lighter than it should be. I'm gonna thank him for all of these someday. I looked at Camila and she's already signing some papers on the table.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I immediately asked her. There's no way we are already hired. We haven't even had the interview yet.

"Uhmm.. signing?" she answered turning her head from the papers to me. I looked at the vet and he's out of sight anymore, I looked around and no sign of him.

"Where did the vet go?" but Camila didn't answer. I tapped her shoulders as hard as I could to get her attention, "Ya!"

"Oh my god Joselin, will ya calm down? He just went to the washroom." Camila answered me but with a rolling eyes. Pissed off, I grabbed the papers she's signing and read it. It's the contract. 6 months on probation and a not bad salary to start from and we can start as soon as possible.