Chapter 32

At the funeral...

Flowers everywhere. Cries and sobs at every corner of the room.

Friends and families each giving their condolences to Jin Ae's parents. Dae Hyun on the other hand kneeling in front of Jin Ae's ashes.

I'm sorry Jin Ae.

Sobs.

I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm so sorry.

I miss you.

So much...

A tap on his shoulder pulled him back to reality. It was Jin Ae's father.

"Son, c'mon. Let's have a rest. We can go back later in the day."

"I'm fine, sir. You go ahead."

"If you say so.."

Jin Ae's father left the funeral and went straight back home together.

Dae Hyun

I shouldn't have left her side. I should've accompanied her to that damn washroom. I shouldn't have let go of her hand. Damn it. I lost her. I lost my everything. 

No. This is all wrong. 

But she's dead now. 

No. 

She is! Look in front of you!

NO!!!!!! 

I shouted. I just can't bear this pain. I can't bear the truth, the reality that she is gone now. I will never see her. Ever. Again.

One of her relatives got a hold of me. Rubbing my back trying to stop me cry. But this is too much. I just can't. 

NO.

Quickly, a water bottle was handed to me. I took it and went outside. I need air. 

I sat outside and lighted a cigarette. The air here is much better than inside. I inhaled every bit of it and I can't stop. 

Shit. I'm crying again. 

I miss her scent. I miss her sweaty palms. I miss her eyes especially when she rolled them on me. 

God. Why did you let this happen? Where were you all this time?

A familiar face sat beside me. This girl though. I've seen her before but I just couldn't tell where and when. My brain is not functioning well right now. Everything inside me is like a time bomb ready to explode any minute. 

I wiped my face and tried to fake smile her but she's crying as well. I know her now. She's the girl from the hospital who claimed to be Jin Ae's highschool friend. 

"It's hard, right?" I began to talk. But I don't know a single thing what I'm talking about. She looked at me and nodded. She's not talking at all but tears just won't stop from falling on her face too. 

Then there was silence. 

And other moment of silence.

Then she talked.

"No matter what happens Dae Hyun. Please do not attend the inauguration on Wednesday"

"I bed your pardon?"

The girl held my hand.

"Please"

I tried pulling my hand away from her. Just what was she talking about? I stood up.

"I'm sorry, miss. I have to get back inside."

Her hand. It feels like I've held it before. It gave me chills but I have to go back inside. I can't handle her right now.

I stand up. But she's not letting go of my hand. It's too familiar. Why am I feeling this?

"Daemon!"

It's Laura.

"I've been looking for you." She said and then hugged me. But the strange girl still holding my hand. Laura noticed it. 

"Who is she?"

"Laura, stay out of this ..." The strange girl said.

WHAT THE HELL? 

"Excuse me. Do I know you?" Laura crooked her brows ever wondering who the hell is this girl and why the heck she knows her name.

I tried pulling out my hand from the girl again, but she's holding me tight right now.

Another girl appeared. 

"Josefin!"

Josefin? Is that her name? Strange. Real strange.

Upon hearing her name, she immediately let go of my hand. And the chills suddenly disappeared. I stared at my palms. She feels familiar.

"C'mon, Daemon we have to get back inside. The media arrived and they are looking for you"

Shit. I forgot about those assholes. I can't deal with them right now. 

Josefin

Dae Hyun and Laura left the moment I let go of his hand. 

Damn you, Camilla! 

Great timing!

"What are you doing!? You can't just pop out and say to Dae Hyun that you are Jin Ae!"

"The hell I can! I'm running out of time. I can't waste any moment now. We only have two days before the inauguration"

"I know, Josefin."

I let out a deep sigh. This is too frustrating. Too heavy. I'm technically dead right now. My body is inside and I'm here trying to figure how will I convince Dae Hyun not to attend that event. I have to talk to him. Just the two of us. I should do it asap or I might miss my chance. I need to know when will he go home so I can have him alone. 

God, help me. 

If he die right now, I'm not gonna be able to tell him how I feel. I haven't felt like this before. And it feels so right to tell him everything about it. That's why I have to tell him. This is my last life and I want this to be worth it. All the hardships and sacrifice. I want them to have a meaning. And that's him. He's the meaning of my life, of this life. I don't want him to die yet. He's got a lot to offer in this world. I want him to pursue his dreams.  

One day, he will meet someone else. Someone new. Someone who will make his life worth while. I know that will never be me but I want to be a part of something that would come out beautiful. But first I have to make things right. I have to give him a good start and most of all..

 I have to keep him alive.

God, wherever you are I hope you're listening.