Chapter 8

Eight

The feel of cold shower calms Jin Ae down. She can't think right now. Too many things on her head and the cold water touching her face makes her forget. The smell of olive extract as her shower gel adds up the calming effect. As she finished showering, she wants to eat. She took the towel to dry and cover her up and went straight to the kitchen to grab something to eat before she go to check their coffee branches. She decided to go to work today instead of attending the car show. As she walk to the kitchen with only towel covering her body, she passed through the table and open the refrigerator. Jin Ae wants something sweet but light. But something caught her attention. She saw something on her peripheral vision lying on her dining table. Jin Ae grabbed the box of milk and drink it while walking slowly going to the table.

Red roses.

She bit her lip upon seeing the red long stem. She picked it up and smelled it. She wanted to scream her heart out but her inner self stopped her. It's just a flower. Jin Ae took a deep breath and ran from her kitchen to her room with the roses in her hand.

Jin Ae changed her mind. She's now attending the car show. She want to know something. Something she's been eager to know right from the day Dae Hyun announced the engagement. But she won't let herself give in that easy. Jin Ae planned to attend the show with a twist. She looked for something she can wear from her closet. Something that will make him drool. It's payback time. She wants to show Dae Hyun what kind of girl he's messing up with. She'll make sure he'll regret on seducing her. Jin Ae can feel that all what Dae Hyun did is a part of his plan on making her suffer by seducing every piece of her femininity. She's too wise for that. But despite knowing his seducing plan, Jin Ae still thinks that there's something else.

I will know this time.

Dae Hyun first arrived at the car show. He's wearing a white cotton long sleeves rolled into 3/4 tacked in with black slacks and bright blue shoes. His attire emphasized his long limbs added up by a silver watch on his left and silver bracelet on his right. His hair worn down making him look like fresh from the shower. He arrived dateless but the girls at the show didn't care much as long as he's at their sight. He's an eye candy, obviously.

"Good evening Mr. Lee" the organizer of the show welcomed him.

"Mr. Kang, good evening" Dae Hyun bowed.

"No, no no need" Mr. Kang said while stopping Dae Hyun from bowing at him.

"It's always been a pleasure to have you here Mr. Lee. Alone?" Mr. Kang asked.

Dae Hyun think twice whether to answer yes or no. He's also thinking of the rose he left for Jin Ae earlier. The only weapon he has in this war with Jin Ae. He's hoping his weapon works on her. Luckily, his friend butts in.

"Dae Hyun my boy! You arrived!" In Jung said and hugged Dae Hyun. Han In Jung is Dae Hyun's childhood friend who owns a car factory.

"Get me out of here" Dae Hyun whispered while In Jung hugged him. In Jung immediately got what he meant.

"Let me introduce you to my girlfriend. Sir would you excuse us?" In Jung said.

"Oh yes. Of course go ahead" Mr. Kang said while toasting his wine in mid air.

Dae Hyun and In Jung walked a couple of steps away from Mr. Kang. "What's up? Something wrong with Mr. Kang?" In Jung asked as they reached a high table luckily still empty. The show is beginning to get crowded as it's about to start.

"The old man kept asking who my date is" Dae Hyun answered annoyed while taking a glass of wine from the waiter who strolls around.

"Which reminds me. Who's the lucky girl?" In Jung asked as he's also aware about his engagement.