Chapter 11

Eleven

Being in a complicated world so-called Love, Jin Ae is very much familiar. The feeling of it, Jin Ae has swore not to entertain again when her former boyfriend without her knowing has a relationship ever since they started dating. She knew about their relationship 2 years after and it very much destroyed Jin Ae's vision for love. She also knows that it's nearly impossible for love to avoid however she made a pact with herself that if ever she falls in love again, the guy's love should be greater than hers to avoid heartbreak.

Another day has come and Jin Ae doesn't like what she's feeling. Something warm and flickering within her heart and the rain joined her. The rain flickers as it touches the ground, same goes to Jin Ae's heart whenever Dae Hyun visits her mind. The rain rather makes her giddy instead of sorrow, sadness and loneliness. It's new to her and she's not liking it. She got up from bed and went straight to the kitchen to have some coffee. Perhaps coffee can make her mind more in peace. Jin Ae sat on her sofa and carefully stare at the window.

She wanted to scream, she wanted to shout but couldn't. The way she's feeling now is something she's been avoiding for quite sometime but she can't help it. All she can do is sit and think things over. She has to stop but the very meaning of the feeling she has now, she knows there's no reason to cease.

What's wrong? He's single and attractive.

But you know very well she's arrogant. A womanizer bastard.

The smallest desire Jin Ae has for Dae Hyun seems to be winning the argument between her conscience and herself. That very desire is that maybe, just maybe He is different.

She went to work and decided to stay there for the day to keep herself busy. She's managing one of their coffee shop in Times Square shopping mall located near Yeongdeungpo.

The rain pours harder when she arrived at the mall. Thank god for parking lots as if this doesn't exist, she'll arrive soaking and freezing to death. Not that she won't bother to bring umbrella with her, she just hate raining to begin with.

The moment she arrived at the coffee shop, she saw from afar one of her staffs apologizing to a customer. Her brows arched upon seeing a woman bowing next to a man. Before entering the shop, she halts and tries to listen what could be the problem. Other staffs already saw her but she gestured 'Ssshhh' at them. She stood there with her back at the glass wall and suddenly the memory of the night where she threw a straight punch at Dae Hyun's father re-appeared. She snapped out of it and said that this is not the right time to reminisce and besides the incident doesn't deserve a memory.

"My apologies sir, I will be more careful next time" said Manager Cho as she apologizes to the man customer.

"What apologies? I want to talk to the manager this instant!" the man demanded.

Apparently, one of the waitress accidentally spilled the coffee at the man's white polo. Jin Ae still standing outside pretending to be a bystander.

"I am the manager sir. We want to apologize for this. Please let us make up for this and receive this" Manager Cho handling the man with a cake boxed in a white with gold ribbons. "This is our specialty for the day sir. Freshly baked. I hope you accept it sir". The wrathful man tapped away the cake instead. The cake landed on the floor. "I don't need a cake. What kind of service is this? Where is the owner? I want to talk to the owner. Now!".

The offering of the cake seems to maddened the man even more and so as Jin Ae. But for her, offering the cake is the right move but the way the man reacted to it made her hand turned into fist.

"What now? Are you mute? Can't you answer me? WHERE IS THE OWNER?!" the man shouted.The shout, for Jin Ae is a signal for her to teach this man a lesson. A lesson he'll regret for the rest of his life. Her fist hardened. Her heart racing as a horse and all the blood in his body seems to have taken the elevator all the way up to her face. She bit her lip, ready to fight. The moment she turned around and was about to enter the scene, a warm hand held her left wrist. The way the hand holding her feels like an objection. She turned around and look at the hand and slowly looked up to see whose hand is it. Dae Hyun holding her left wrist with his left hand. Jin Ae tried to free her hand from him but the way he held her wrist is too tight she can see her skin turning red.