Chapter 15

Fifteen

Stunned. Heart races like hell. Cold hands and feet. These are all Jin Ae is feeling the moment she saw Dae Hyun's father coming out from a car. The body guard got out first and opened the door. Dae Hyun's father unwrinkled his coat before moving forward. He saw Jin Ae stunned sitting at one of the chairs outside the coffee table. He smiles. 

"Well..well..Look do we have here" Dae Hyun's father halts in front of Jin Ae. She swallowed hard and don't know what to say or even think. She's blank now but her feet moved on its accord and made her stand. Her hands are shaking like it has its own life. Breathing's fast as well. She couldn't think what to say whether she will apologize or just keep it casual.

"Annyeonghaseyo" finally, she found her voice and greeted him. She's trying so hard not to look straight on his eyes 'coz that would cause a longer conversation and that's not good for her. Anything but that. Jin Ae stood up straight and tried looking around avoiding his stare.

"Good to see you hera Jin Ae. Where's Dae Hyun?" The father asked as he looked around looking for someone.

Jin Ae took a long breath controlling her want to just get out of this place and leave him without respect.

"I'm alone, sir" she replied.

The bodyguard that's standing beside Dae Hyun's father whispered something on him and he responded with a nod.

"Well, then, see you at the engagement ceremony" The father left with a smile on his face.

What the hell was that? What engagement ceremony?!

Jin Ae quickly picked up her phone and dialed Dae Hyun's number. She's not even aware that she memorized it all. He heard a ring but no response. The fire on her chest was about to explode. If this engagement party your father was talking about, you're dead meat Dae Hyun. Dead meat! She phoned him again but still no answer. She sat down and almost pulled her hair out of annoyance and anger. Why is he doing this to me!! Redness climbed up and invaded her face. She tries to calm down and picked up her phone again but this time she sent him a text message instead.

Where are you?!

She slammed her phone at the table after she sent the message and took a sip on her coffee. A beep she heard. It was Dae Hyun.

Why?

Her fingers immediately worked on her reply. His raging with anger.

Engagement ceremony? Are you serious? Do you have plans on telling me this?

A minute later, a beep once again. Ha! Took a while to think of an alibi didn't you? What a douche.

I did but you walked out on me..

Her brows crooked the moment she read his respond. She opened her mouth but nothing went out. She replied that the screen of her phone almost cracked.

Excuse me?

I was planning to say this afternoon during lunch. But you walked away. Memory gap?

Jin Ae almost fell on her sit as the realization of the walking away incident during lunch earlier hit her. Shit.

Go to hell.

Moments later, a familiar voice almost killed Jin Ae out of shock.

"Hey," Dae Hyun put his hand on Jin Ae's shoulder while sitting outside the coffee shop. Her phone on her hand almost breaking it. Jin Ae felt her hear skipped a beat. She turned around to look at whoever bastard shocked her at the back.