Chapter 23

Twenty Three

Jin Ae and Dae Hyun came back at the event as a pair. Everyone staring at them when they arrived. Laura almost tear up upon seeing them both in white imagining this event turns out to be their wedding. And since the event already started, Jin Ae decided to just sit beside Laura with Dae Hyun instead on the front at the presedential table. 

Back in the car on their way back to the event, Dae Hyun didn't let Jin Ae's hand go. His left hand did all the driving.

"I'm not going anywhere, ya' know" Jin Ae said.

"I didn't say you're going anywhere." 

"Then you can now let go of my hand...It's getting sweaty"

"What if I say, I'm not letting go?" Dae Hyun switched his eyes from the road to Jin Ae.

"You're giving me the creeps, Dae Hyun. Keep your eyes on the road!" Jin Ae pushed Dae Hyun's face back to the road's direction. Dae Hyun lets out a small laugh.

"Why are you at the event, by the way?" Jin Ae suddenly wonders why he's present. All the years they've been celebrating that event, she couldn't recall if Dae Hyun or his family has ever been invited at all.

"I'm invited" Dae Hyun answered.

"Whatever. You were never present on that event."

"That doesn't mean I'm not invited."

Jin Ae bites her lip tryin to think what is he actually planning. She squinted at him.

"What?!" Dae Hyun asked. He felt Jin Ae's stares like an arrow shooting straigh to his face.

"Nothing." She shakes her head.

Dae Hyun smiles, "Alright. Rememer my friend In Jung? His father is one of the senior sponsors."

"Okay......"

"I asked him if I could attend this event in behalf of his father who's not gonna make it anyways."

"Why did you do that?"

"I don't know. Maybe to meet new girls or something." Dae Hyun joked and Jin Ae instinctively punches Dae Hyun on his right arm.

"Hey! What was that for?! I'm just kidding!"

"Just so you know Lee Dae Hyun. I'm territorial."

"Thank you for the trivia, Ms. Yoon"

"I'm serious, Dae Hyun"

Dae Hyun crooked his brows but didn't look at Jin Ae.

Jin Ae continues, "I mean it. If you're just gonna play around then let's stop it this instant." "I have no room for heartbreak dramas or whatsoever. I'm so over it."

Dae Hyun loses grip on Jin Ae hand but as she is about to let go, he tightens the grip again. Jin Ae looks at him and she saw his jaw tightens too.

He shakes his head, "I'm still not letting you go."

Jin Ae couldn't say anything. She just bites her lower lip just so she can let her frustrations out. Frustrated because just a while ago, she's so sure of what's she feeling for Dae Hyun and now it quickly turns upside down. Why all of a sudden, her wall of defense is activated. She thought she's over this now. Jin Ae wants so much for Dae Hyun to come in her life. To be a special part of hers. But why is she going through this again? Beats the hell out of her. 

Her phone buzzed. She quickly picks her purse with just one hand and looks for her phone. Her heart pounds when the name appeared calling is her twin, Joselin.