Chapter 16: The Analyst

"Talk with me after you finish with Elira," Ninurta said as he left the garden a while ago.

My talk with Elira, ended sooner than expected, because of Sigmund. However, I was glad to see him there. I knew about his powers and I'm guessing that's why he was there. I respected him with how he dealt with his duties as a Vice General. He was definitely devoted to protecting Elira at all costs, and that's all I needed to know to trust him.

As I walk to Ninurta's room, I feel anxious, thinking if Elira would still be alive in a few hours. I really hope Chad's magic works.

I reach his bedroom door and I'm reminded of what he did. I take a deep breath to calm myself, or I might just punch my brother in the face. I open the doors and see him sitting at his desk.

"Sit," he said and I refused to, "Tris," he warned and I complied and sat in front of him.

"I didn't mean to be her first kiss," he said and I gritted my teeth, "I know you love her," the anger in me just built up, "I'm sorry."

I stay silent, thinking I should be rational, thinking I should stay calm, but I wasn't I was furious. But, I knew my anger wasn't towards him.

"I know you did it to save her life, but I can't help it. I don't hate you, I hate the situation you were put in to kiss her," I finally admitted, knowing I was never mad at him in the first place.

"Good, for a moment I thought you were going to kill me," he said and we laughed.

"Oh, I was," I joked and we continued to laugh.

Our laughter died down and we looked at each other in understanding. We had to discuss a plan.

"Did you find anything?" he asked and I shake my head. We both sighed.

"Do you know that Javier knows?" I asked.

"Yes, did you tell him everything?" he asked, I sighed, but nodded, "So you have competition, huh?" he teased and I glared at him.

"What are we supposed to do?" I ask putting my elbows on my knees, resting my face in hands.

"I know you're worried. We all are, but right now, I need your mind to be focused," Ninurta said putting his hand on my shoulder. I look at him and he had an encouraging smile.

"You're right," I agreed and sat up straight, "We have to find out who planned to assassinate Elira," I concluded and he nodded.

"I think, Javier would be a big help," Ninurta said and I stare at him blankly, "Do you want to save her or not?" Ninurta asks rhetorically.

Javier would definitely be a big help to gather information. Since he was quite close to pixies, who could find and spread information like wildfire. And I wouldn't be surprised if he already conducted an investigation by himself.

"Alright," I agreed.

"Should we ask Basil to help us?" Ninurta suggests and I shake my head.

"Our brother has a lot in his hands already. I don't want to bother him with this," I said, "But, he does have connections. Isn't he coming to visit this weekend?" I asked and Ninurta nodded.

"Yes, but I'm not sure, if –"

"She will make it," I firmly say, I had to believe it. She's not going to die.

"You're really going to do everything, aren't you?" Ninurta asked and I nodded.

"She can't die," I said trying to hold back the tears.

I've kept all my emotions all day so Elira wouldn't worry, so she wouldn't feel more troubled. But honestly, I just wanted to be by her side all the time, making sure she was still breathing.

Ninurta reached out for my hand, "She won't, and she has us."

I wipe the tears that streamed my face, "I have an idea who may want to kill her," I said composing myself.

     "Bethescene is currently the 2nd in rule within the three kingdoms. Since Elira is the only Princess of Nura as of now, she has power over the whole of Nura, but with her out of the picture, most likely Prince Jivan will take her place," I said and Ninurta thinks for a moment,

"Are you sure, this isn't jealousy talking?" he commented and I glared at him, "Okay, okay, sorry. Let's say that's true, would you think Prince Jivan is capable of this?" he said and I knew what he wanted to prove.

Prince Jivan would never hurt Elira, he loved her as much as I did. Even if, he denied it years ago, I see it in his eyes, the way he looked at Elira.

"I'm not saying, it's him. It just might be someone in Bethescene who wants their kingdom to rule over all of Nura," I stated and Ninurta nodded.

"That is plausible, but we have yet to prove that, as of now, let's go and sleep," Ninurta says and I nodded, feeling quite tired myself.

     I was about to leave his room when I decided I had to thank him. I turn around, "Ninurta," I called he looked at me as he was approaching his bed.

     "Thank you for saving her," I said and he smiled nodding.

A/N: Hey! I'm sorry for the late update! I usually publish the chapters on my laptop so I could proof-read and make sure there are no mistakes and such. But the website is down? I don't really know, so I'm trying on my phone! I hope it works!

Tristan and Ninurta are really close siblings, I love them! Basil and Jivan, have been mentioned throughout the chapters from time to time, excited to meet those two? What do you think of Tristan's theory? Do you agree? I know some of you have speculated about it already, so now that a main character mentioned it, do you think it's true?

Take care always! Love you, fighting!