Chapter 27: The Artist

My talk with my parents was better than expected.

Yes, I was yelled at.

Yes, I was questioned, but at the end, they were just happy that I was with Jivan.

What was the term humans used? For people who wanted two specific people to get together in a relationship?

Right, shippers.

My parents were shippers of my and Jivan's non-existent relationship.

I was sitting on my bed in my bedroom that I was apparently not allowed to leave until someone from the 5 idiots – I mean 5 respectable men guarded me. While waiting for them, Cassidy sat on the headboard of my bed, as I leaned on it.

     "Cassidy," I said and she hummed.

"What do you think of Jivan?" I asked.

"Is the Princess of Euria, taking interest in the Prince of Bethescene?" Cassidy smiles in front of me, smirking.

"I was just asking, what you think of him," I said grabbing a pillow hugging it.

"Then why are you blushing," she flew up close, making my eyes cross.

I shake my head, "I am not!" I try to hit her with the pillow and she flies away quickly.

"Whatever you say, Princess," she said and sat on my shoulder.

     Did I like Jivan?

     I shake my head, "I don't!"

"Woah, calm down," Cassidy said gripping on my sleeve.

"Sorry," I said resting my chin on the pillow I was hugging.

     I stare at my beige colored bed sheets that had green vines embroidering.

     "May I ask, why you dislike Prince Jivan?" Cassidy asks flying in front of me and sat down on the bed.

     Why did I dislike him? We were extremely good friends when we were young.

     "I-I don't know," I said and she raised her eyebrow, "I don't remember."

"It's because of me," I look to my right to see Tristan at the door, I didn't even hear him come in.

"Of you?" I watched him as we walked towards us.

"It's something he said towards me," Tristan says as he sat down on the bed.

     What did Jivan say to Tristan that made me –

     "Is it about what he said during your mother's wake?" I asked and he nodded.

     I stay silent for a while recalling what he said.

     "Tris! Your mother must be happy in paradeisos, flying with dragons, right?"

     That little wark! Now I remember.

     "You remember now?" Tristan asks and I nodded, feeling annoyed all over again.

"What did Jivan say?" Cassidy asks and I completely forgot she was here.

"It's not worth repeating, that inconsiderate-irresponsible mouth of his! Ugh! I'm never ever, going to like him!" I said throwing the pillow I was hugging, off the bed, almost hitting Tristan.

     Tristan gets up and grabbing the pillow from the floor, and dusted it off before giving it back to me, I hugged it again.

     "He said it during your mother's wake?" Cassidy asked Tristan and he nodded, "wouldn't that mean, you guys were young back then?" Tristan nodded again.